Sky Club Food Getting Better

Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:28 am

I will be using my DL AMEX card to pay for SC entry; $29. If by chance I don't like the food offerings, can I exit the club and purchase something in the terminal and reentry? Or, does my admission restrict me from leaving until the flight? I changed flights and have a longer layover.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CosmosHuman
I will be using my DL AMEX card to pay for SC entry; $29. If by chance I don't like the food offerings, can I exit the club and purchase something in the terminal and reentry? Or, does my admission restrict me from leaving until the flight? I changed flights and have a longer layover.
It's a 'single visit pass' now. However if you asked the front desk and say you need to go purchase something real quick likely they would let you back in.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
It's a 'single visit pass' now. However if you asked the front desk and say you need to go purchase something real quick likely they would let you back in.
YMMV, but generally outside food and drink is not allowed in SCs. SCs maintain their own licenses (varying according to state and federal law of course) that restricts consumption of food and beverage purchased in the terminal. I've witnessed an attendant gently informing another guest when he brought in a burger from the terminal in DTW.

Of course, I've snacked on a Biscoff saved from an earlier Delta flight with my coffee in the SC (which is technically the same), but again YMMV.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:33 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Technically outside food is not allowed in SkyClubs. Not all agents enforce the rule, but it's possible you could get caught out.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Breakfast is weak. You basically have hard boiled eggs, bagels/toast and oatmeal. At least a couple times I've seen grits in ORD and ATL. But some rotation of different eggs. Bacon. Something. Basically have no real option for a protein. If hotels can do bacon & eggs feel like the SkyClub could.
I'm in the LGA D club now and they have turkey sausage. Doesn't look very appealing, though. I'm sticking with the fake bagels.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I'm in the LGA D club now and they have turkey sausage. Doesn't look very appealing, though. I'm sticking with the fake bagels.
That's what happens when you have turkey 'sausage'.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
I think the best breakfast I have, are in the AF lounge in Paris (terminal "M").

I like the idea to serve soup in the SC, this is very simple, and fit with many peoples. If they can add cracker this will be better...
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Just passed through Minnehopeless yesterday and they actually have decent food now

Best is still Seattle... Used to love Narita but Seattle is THE BEST right now, hands down. SFO is sad sad sad when it comes to food - your el cheapo free breakfast at La Quinta Inn is better.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by wlau
Just passed through Minnehopeless yesterday and they actually have decent food now

Best is still Seattle... Used to love Narita but Seattle is THE BEST right now, hands down. SFO is sad sad sad when it comes to food - your el cheapo free breakfast at La Quinta Inn is better.
What does Minniyeahpolis have now?

Glad Seattle still has the best

And interesting SFO is sad... They are touted on Delta's website as having gourmet and expanded offerings. However I'm not sure if I would trust Delta SkyClub pho.......
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
All this talk is great and I love reading it. I'm only in a sky club a few times a year. But you guys have it pretty dang great. UA and AA clubs are abysmal to what you guys have.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm
All this talk is great and I love reading it. I'm only in a sky club a few times a year. But you guys have it pretty dang great. UA and AA clubs are abysmal to what you guys have.
This is why I've really found little value in my two unused UA club passes from the UA cobrand card, and the Admiral's Club access with the Citi Prestige.

The Admiral's Access going away with the Citi Prestige, seemed bad at first, but given the state of AA clubs, didn't seem too bad after all.

Originally Posted by bj27

And interesting SFO is sad... They are touted on Delta's website as having gourmet and expanded offerings. However I'm not sure if I would trust Delta SkyClub pho.......
It's not terrible.

It's not terrible.
I've not had it. Though to be honest, while I don't trust it, I am very keen on at least trying it.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by bj27

MSP had a tasty chicken salad additional to a decent small salad bar. This was very tasty and healthy. Clam chowder was surprisingly good as well. Choco cheese cake was nice as well.

Seattle rotate through local food items, like chowder, mac n cheese, chips, etc. They do a really good job at bringing in local favorites. They also have 3 or 4 salad options using the latest buzz-word ingredients.

SFO has a nice lounge facility-wise, the food is crappy. The fruit comes out of a can, in syrup... Boil egg has a playdoh texture and the Starbucks espresso machine seems to always break down in the morning. Instead of getting small size bake goods, someone actually cuts them into smaller size -- looks like they buy from Costco or something... I had better food at cheap hotel breakfasts.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Sounds like SFO's much weaker at breakfast than later in the day. But I feel like that's generally true of the Big 3, both for lounges and in the air. Besides the pho, last time I was at SFO the salad options were extensive and there was some sort of rice dish and paella.

MSP F/G has had mac & cheese since the renovation, probably some other dishes. But still not as good as SFO or SEA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.