Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
In the clubs that have brought back real plates & silverware the plates are slightly larger and I think the perfect size for club purposes (SFO and I think SEA though I have not been there).
Also Atlanta B. That's the one about which I commented: "That's what a Sky Club wants to be when it grows up."
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
DTW main today had brats and German potato salad (buns for brats were good, same can't be said about the brats and Potato salad) and German chocolate cake (pretty good). Unfortunately there were no seats and it was SFO and my gate was 68 so I want to the North club and they didn't have those items and it was also SRO there as well

They had the costco red pepper Guada soup back which is really good
Old Sep 21, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SW A List, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum United 1K
Mini-muffulettas at MSY today along with Jambolaya and Cajun chicken salad. LOVE those regional touches!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by lamont2718
It has already expanded to ATL E and F, and more Sky Clubs will be included in the near term.
Are the meals also available for passengers connecting from an International J in ATL to a domestic flight? This would be really nice on LIM/ATL red eyes. The meal service isn't that great on that flight since it's a 2 a.m. Flight and I'd love to just sleep the entire flight and eat at the skyclub
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Are the meals also available for passengers connecting from an International J in ATL to a domestic flight? This would be really nice on LIM/ATL red eyes. The meal service isn't that great on that flight since it's a 2 a.m. Flight and I'd love to just sleep the entire flight and eat at the skyclub
Yes if your onward connection is on DL.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Why does that matter?

Customers traveling in Delta One on an international Delta flight or a domestic Delta flight connecting to/from a same-day international Delta flight* in Delta One or travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight. (In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the premium (first or business class) cabin for the international segment of their itinerary.)

I think that means you can use the Sky Club on arrival from a Delta One flight even without further travel. If the further travel is on DL, you can also use the Sky Club at the arrival end.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
DTW main today had brats and German potato salad (buns for brats were good, same can't be said about the brats and Potato salad) and German chocolate cake (pretty good). Unfortunately there were no seats and it was SFO and my gate was 68 so I want to the North club and they didn't have those items and it was also SRO there as well

I've stopped going to the main Sky Club in Detroit, unless I need a shower. It's just too overcrowded. For breakfast, I also dislike the yogurt left in one large, unrefrigerated bowl that's exposed to the air and cross-contamination (one of the reasons why I despise buffet restaurants). They still have individual containers of yogurt at the secondary Sky Club locations, plus there's usually enough seating space.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:55 am

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
JFK Terminal 1, B32 skyclub, Thursday Sept 21: Chicken fajitas; beef fajitas; yellow rice; brats and sauerkraut, german pretzels, buns; wicked thai soup; another soup; and oodles of other food -- salads, etc. At checkin desk there was wine service and what looked like chocolate covered macaroons. Impressive and yummy.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Breakfast burritos (veg and sausage varieties) in ATL E this morning. The sausage ones were decent, especially with the salsa provided.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lking
JFK Terminal 1, B32 skyclub, Thursday Sept 21: Chicken fajitas; beef fajitas; yellow rice; brats and sauerkraut, german pretzels, buns; wicked thai soup; another soup; and oodles of other food -- salads, etc. At checkin desk there was wine service and what looked like chocolate covered macaroons. Impressive and yummy.
JFK Terminal 1???
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
DCA SC had cold grilled chicken today. Used the rolls and cheese cubes to make a little sandwich.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
BOS has Lobster Bisque tonight

EDIT: Upon further inspection, only 50% of the description is accuate...

Last edited by CHOPCHOP767; Sep 22, 2017 at 4:05 pm
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
BOS has Lobster Bisque tonight

EDIT: Upon further inspection, only 50% of the description is accuate...
Wow, apparently I need to fly randomly to BOS.

DEN had some good jambalaya tonight, but it's just a regular soup that rotates through here I think.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Amtrak Member
You guys and gals got me to start adding hot sauce to the soups. The jambalaya soup w/ tobasco chipotle was great!
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat

Am sitting in the club right now deciding what to eat, since our flight leaves after 8pm. Thinking about trying the above. It was hard for us to find two seats together when we came in.

as a bonus about 6pm they came around with hot pretzels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.