Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:49 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
The EWR club is getting an overhaul, right?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
It seemed like some of the furniture had been changed out and some of the amenities had been upgraded, while other areas seemed like they were still in the Crowne Club era (work cubicles and bathroom). According to the DL website, there will be a renovation:

'A new expansion is coming to Newark (EWR) this year. We’ll have more seating, a redesigned bar, renovated and more. You’ll also be able to enjoy more food options courtesy of the new food-and-beverage area.'

Hopefully JAX is on the list too, but I think the physical space is too small to do much with.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:59 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I hope they mean "more floor space" because right now they have TOO MUCH seating, you literally can't move in there because there are so many chairs.

I also hope they stay in the same general location on that side of the terminal, the views from there are really good. I'm not sure they would be as good on the other side of the terminal.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Hopefully JAX is on the list too, but I think the physical space is too small to do much with.
Agreed. Personally, I'd love to shrink/eliminate the "work" area in the back. That would create more general space.

Also, that area of Concourse A is sort of strange. That same space in Concourse C is the rarely-used International Arrivals walkway but is sort of dead space in A. I'd love to see a small expansion.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by scongro
Agreed. Personally, I'd love to shrink/eliminate the "work" area in the back. That would create more general space.

Also, that area of Concourse A is sort of strange. That same space in Concourse C is the rarely-used International Arrivals walkway but is sort of dead space in A. I'd love to see a small expansion.
I usually sit in the work-space area only because the lounge area is so packed. If there were a space they could reduce, I would say that would be the foyer/entrance. It's a large space that really isn't utilized. Shame too because the bar is so small, there's not enough space for the food/snacks. Still, the bartender in the afternoons there is fantastic!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:08 pm

I did a light mileage run through ATL this weekend and had a chance to visit the Sky Clubs in T, F, and B.

T - My favorite due to it being somewhat hidden away and less busy as a result. Layout is a bit too "open" but the food and bev areas were really clean and well stocked. LOVE that thai chicken soup and the pimento cheese spread with bagel chips.

F - Swanky. Too hot to be out on the patio but people were out there in 95*F heat. I like how large it is and there's that nice secluded upstairs area (but it was too busy when I arrived). The dishes being served were rather odd -- cold seasoned chicken and warm penne pasta. Next time I'm going to take a shower just for the hell of it.

B - Probably the most worn out, but has the look of "old school". Service was as good as it could be for the amount of traffic and the minimal level of staff. They had the italian wedding soup that everyone seems to rave about, but I find it just watery. To the guy who was vomiting in the sink in the mens bathroom - please use the trash can or toilet next time.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:09 pm

DTW

Do any of the DTW clubs bring out enhanced snacks during the peak international departure times ?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by pvn
The EWR club is getting an overhaul, right?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Do any of the DTW clubs bring out enhanced snacks during the peak international departure times ?

Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Renes Points

Those are DTW? What time? I am going through there this weekend on my way to GRU.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Delta seems to be fine letting MSP and DTW be cash cows that they pay very little attention to in terms of Sky Clubs.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Dtw skyclub ice cream

The Dtw skyclub sporadically handed out ice cream cones this summer .. Not regularly. Not a bad ice cream you'd find at a convenience store for $1.79.
Don't think you'll find anymore for the rest of the year.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:39 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure that it ties to peak international, but the only "upgrades' I've seen are in the main/middle club in A. Typically includes mac and cheese (in addition to the standard soups), toppings for the soups (tortilla strips, etc.), and around St. Patrick's day they offered complimentary cans of Murphy's Stout, and for Cinco de Mayo (I think) they had Corona available.

The clubs at the end of A and the B/C satellite just have the vanilla offerings.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:20 am

Thanks, Renes Points. I thought there was a sign at EWR, but couldn't recall.

As far as the ice-cream cart goes, yikes! Although, I guess you could mash it up in a plastic cup and pour some Disarrano or Bailey's on it
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ibs_traveller
I did a light mileage run through ATL this weekend and had a chance to visit the Sky Clubs in T, F, and B.

B - Probably the most worn out, but has the look of "old school". Service was as good as it could be for the amount of traffic and the minimal level of staff.
Luckily the worn and overcrowded B10 and B25 lounges will be replaced with a single, much larger new lounge later this year.

As others have mentioned, the A Centerpoint club typically serves mac and cheese, Japanese beer, and perhaps one other hot item (in addition to the standard spread) in the evening hours, but nothing as extensive as the ATL E/F and JFK T4 offerings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.