Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Food Getting Better

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016, 2:50 pm

The "cheesecake" at SAN today was criminally bad!
Old May 13, 2016, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
But the question is... Was the macaroni made with real or fake cheese?
Now that I have had the mac and cheese at a variety of clubs, I have to say that the best was at MSP. While not Wisconsin, Minnesota is close enough.

The worst... LAX. Would have been better had the pasta been properly cooked.

There is a big difference between al dente and all crunchy.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
They had lemon bars in the PBI club that were outstanding.

In the T6 club in ATL Wednesday night, they had bagel chips and pimiento cheese spread. Interesting.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:39 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by ND76
They had lemon bars in the PBI club that were outstanding.

In the T6 club in ATL Wednesday night, they had bagel chips and pimiento cheese spread. Interesting.
They do all kinds of fun stuff in that club... sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres, etc. that someone walks around the club with and serves off of a tray. The staff in that SC are awesome too!
Old May 14, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by krlcomm
They do all kinds of fun stuff in that club... sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres, etc. that someone walks around the club with and serves off of a tray. The staff in that SC are awesome too!
Sounds like it's worth a try flying into PBI rather than FLL since both airports are pretty much equidistant to Boca.
Old May 14, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Had an SC agent at DFW tell me Sunday that the popular Wicked Thai Chicken and Rice soup is actually a Campbell's Chunky that you can buy at the store.

https://www.campbells.com/campbell-s...getables-soup/

Now you can have SkyClub quality food in your own home! Between this and the Goldberg's chicken salads, what more could you ask for?
Old May 14, 2016, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Now that I have had the mac and cheese at a variety of clubs, I have to say that the best was at MSP. While not Wisconsin, Minnesota is close enough.

The worst... LAX. Would have been better had the pasta been properly cooked.

There is a big difference between al dente and all crunchy.
My fav is Seattle. I love beechers and it's great having their Mac and cheese for free now
Old May 14, 2016, 10:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Jump
The chicken enchilada soup is killer. Especially if you are lucky enough for them to have some Tabasco sauce nearby.
I don't think I'd encountered this until yesterday in DTW but agree that it's pretty awesome ^

Originally Posted by inthecloud
Had an SC agent at DFW tell me Sunday that the popular Wicked Thai Chicken and Rice soup is actually a Campbell's Chunky that you can buy at the store.

Now you can have SkyClub quality food in your own home! Between this and the Goldberg's chicken salads, what more could you ask for?
Aw man, thanks for ruining the mystique not sure I'll be able to enjoy it as much now that I know
Old May 15, 2016, 12:47 am

Programs: DL,Marriott,Hilton, Avis, SPG
The Poblano Soup at the E club in ATL was really good with the bagel chips. The club, however, was a zoo at 4pm on a Thursday afternoon. I'm just a country boy and unused to being in a room full of that many entitled people.
Courtesy goes a long way with me and when the bar is crowded it goes even farther.

Last edited by rybolt; May 15, 2016 at 1:01 am
Old May 15, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Sounds like it's worth a try flying into PBI rather than FLL since both airports are pretty much equidistant to Boca.
I live in South Florida, and always try to fly in/out of PBI rather than FLL... it is far superior in every way
Old May 15, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Thanks for the heads up, duttysean; I'll definitely look at PBI next season rather than FLL. FLL has turned into a complete mess with B6's expansion there. Off to JAX next week, which should be interesting. I didn't even realize that they had a Sky Club there. Connecting through ATL, which is better than what UA was offering: an RJ145 from EWR and IAD; no thank you!
Old May 22, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CVG... first disappointment... Woodford no longer complementary. It was for a while, even after the other clubs were charging, but I guess the bean counters prevailed in the end over the Lexington horse crowd.

Second disappointment... the "craft beer" alternative to the industrial Miller Lite was Morlein Strawberry Pig Cream Ale... instead of the IPA they had last Sunday (which I could not sample since it was not yet 1:00 PM).

The Strawberry Pig was vile. So much so that I suspect it will be around a while, as there is little chance that anyone will ask for second.

Trying to appeal to the Millennials?
Old May 24, 2016, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by inthecloud

Went to our local Food Lion supermarket. They had a appx. 20 Campbell's Chunky soups, but no Wicked Thai Chicken and Rice. I'll try Acme next.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
CVG... first disappointment... Woodford no longer complementary. It was for a while, even after the other clubs were charging, but I guess the bean counters prevailed in the end over the Lexington horse crowd.

Second disappointment... the "craft beer" alternative to the industrial Miller Lite was Morlein Strawberry Pig Cream Ale... instead of the IPA they had last Sunday (which I could not sample since it was not yet 1:00 PM).

The Strawberry Pig was vile. So much so that I suspect it will be around a while, as there is little chance that anyone will ask for second.

Trying to appeal to the Millennials?
Woodford hasn't been complimentary for a while.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WWads
Woodford hasn't been complimentary for a while.
It was still complementary at CVG for some time after it was PPD (pay per drink) at the other clubs. Story was that the horse folks in the Lexington area insisted that it remain complimentary. Sounds like they finally lost to the bean counters on Va Ave.

BTW... had the opportunity last week to turn left to the Woodford Reserve distillery or right to the Buffalo Trace distillery. I turned right and came away with an excellent bottle of Eagle Rare. Highly recommend it. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.