Goose Island IPA
Miller Lite

Dallas (DFW)
Miller Lite
Shiner Bock
Stella Artois
Rahr & Sons Stormcloud IPA

Detroit (DTW)
Latitude 42 "Layover IPA" (possibly rebranded "I.P.EH!")
Saugatuck Brewing Company "Bonfire Brown"
Miller Lite

Fort Lauderdale (FLL)

Honolulu (HNL)

Indianapolis (IND)

Jacksonville (JAX)

Los Angeles (LAX)

Memphis (MEM)

Miami (MIA)

Milwaukee (MKE)

Minneapolis (MSP):

C12 Club: Summit Extra Pale Ale or Miller Lite

Nashville (BNA)

New Orleans (MSY)

New York (JFK, LGA, EWR)
JFK - T2 Club - Brooklyn Lager or Miller Lite
LGA -
EWR -

Orlando (MCO)
Orlando Red
Miller Lite

Philadelphia (PHL)
Victory Summer Love... nice blonde ale, good summer drink
Replaced by Victory Festbier

Portland (PDX)

Raleigh–Durham (RDU)

Salt Lake City (SLC)

San Diego (SAN)

San Francisco (SFO)

Seattle–Tacoma (SEA)
Manny's

Tampa (TPA)

Washington–Reagan National (DCA)
Miller Lite
Port City Essential Pale Ale

West Palm Beach (PBI)
Miller Lite
Due South Caramel Cream Ale

The Bar at the Sky Club menu of complimentary drinks

SkyClubs with espresso machines using real beans:

Seattle (SEA) - Starbucks beans
Los Angeles (LAX) - Starbucks beans

Feel free to edit and add airports and choices
Print Wikipost

Sky Club beverage changes coming soon?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Sabai
Someone had to pay for all that classy white Formica
And, the grinder-brushed stainless steel (or, is it aluminum?).
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
Haven't seen any lack of crowding at the clubs I'm at. ...
I suspect that some of the folks who previously looked in the door, saw the crowds, and walked on by are now backfilling for the other folks who dropped their membership, or who are no longer being guested in.

Clubs are staying full, but fewer members are wandering around the terminals.

Potential usage has dropped from way more than capacity to still over capacity, but not by as great a margin.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Haven't seen any lack of crowding at the clubs I'm at. Being DM, I understand that my membership is "gifted", but DL doesn't spend a lot on me. I go to the SC every flight day, mainly for the WIFI, the marinated mushrooms and water. I haven't had a G&T since they moved to Gordon's. I remember the first one I order, took a sip, nearly gagged and asked what it was. That is when I found out that they moved from Tanqueray to Gordon's.

This change, if true sounds great to me and it looks like it might be costing DL some real G&Ts. And yes, I can see the cost of membership going up for those that purchase it.
While the clubs are still crowded, they don't have nearly the crowds they did before the changes were made last year increasing the membership fees and no longer allowing guests on Am Ex swipes.

Delta may not increase the fees if they get more people signing up for memberships and more Am Ex card holders willing to pay the $29 guesting fee.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This change, if true sounds great to me and it looks like it might be costing DL some real G&Ts. And yes, I can see the cost of membership going up for those that purchase it.
I can't see membership fees going up, further, in the short term.

DL invested too much in reaming out and reconfiguring the clubs for mass occupancy... you know, to support the "good taste and a dignified atmosphere."

My suspicion is that they finally realized that the current fee structure was grossly out of alignment with the poor quality swill on the complimentary beverage menu, and were forced to restore some quality beverages. Forced either by verbal and e-mail feedback or, more likely, by financial feedback, as folks dropped memberships.

Keep in mind that Va Ave has yet to demonstrate an understanding of the Law of Unintended Consequences.

If they feel the need to improve margins, they will likely first do this by somehow cutting back on the free DM membership... probably doing away with it using the same sorry excuses they used to do away with the free annual memberships for PM, and the lifetime memberships for Flying Colonels.

And, if I had a paid-up lifetime membership, I would not feel sanguine about how long it will last.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
If they feel the need to improve margins, they will likely first do this by somehow cutting back on the free DM membership... probably doing away with it using the same sorry excuses they used to do away with the free annual memberships for PM, and the lifetime memberships for Flying Colonels.

And, if I had a paid-up lifetime membership, I would not feel sanguine about how long it will last.
For lifetime members, I don't know how they could eliminate it unless they did away with guesting and start charging for guests.

As a Diamond, I really don't have an issue paying for my membership since UA and American doesn't provide that benefit to their highest tier (but they only require 100K miles instead of 125K) IF Delta would give me the same benefits the other two airlines give their highest tier. i.e. six to eight SWU's a year that can be used internationally and have plenty of open inventory, bring back the old SWU policy and provide free drinks and sandwich's etc if if not upgraded.

I'd rather have the same number of SWU's that American and United give their elites with the flexibility over a sky club membership
Old Jun 8, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
For lifetime members, I don't know how they could eliminate it unless they did away with guesting and start charging for guests.

Your suggestion is one possibility.

Or, consider that paid lifetime memberships were for the NW clubs and the DL Crown Rooms. Those no longer exist.

I am stretching, I recognized.

But, I would be shocked to learn that there have not been conversations at Va Ave, beginning with "Now, how could we do this...?"
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
IF Delta would give me the same benefits the other two airlines give their highest tier. i.e. six to eight SWU's a year that can be used internationally and have plenty of open inventory, bring back the old SWU policy and provide free drinks and sandwich's etc if if not upgraded.

I'd rather have the same number of SWU's that American and United give their elites with the flexibility over a sky club membership
I think it's a lot cheaper to give you a free beer and a plastic tub of processed cheese in a dirty crowded sky club.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Your suggestion is one possibility.

Or, consider that paid lifetime memberships were for the NW clubs and the DL Crown Rooms. Those no longer exist.

I am stretching, I recognized.

But, I would be shocked to learn that there have not been conversations at Va Ave, beginning with "Now, how could we do this...?"
I'm sure if it could be done RA and company will find a way
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
A happy thumbs up on the Bombay Dry Gin and Tonic at MSP F/G.

Might have to go make sure and have a second.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Correct. The only reason they decided to restore (note I did not say improve) the beverage selection is because they saw a financial hit.
Perhaps...or now they are making the same revenue as before with fewer folks...so they can afford to bring back the good stuff.

Who knows...
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:04 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
...free beer and a plastic tub of processed cheese ...
You may be insulting one of Delta's key demographics
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any news on better wine choices? It would be hard to find worse wine than what they currently have, although I guess Ripple or Boone's Farm Apple would be an example.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Any news on better wine choices? It would be hard to find worse wine than what they currently have, although I guess Ripple or Boone's Farm Apple would be an example.
I would not be surprised if the current choices were among those CA wines discovered to contain arsenic and other toxins. Agree that they really need to improve the wine program in the clubs and also on board.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I would not be surprised if the current choices were among those CA wines discovered to contain arsenic and other toxins. Agree that they really need to improve the wine program in the clubs and also on board.
Supposedly there were some expensive California wines on the arsenic list. The versiion I saw listed only the owning entity and not individual labels, so it was hard to verify which specific wines were on or off the list. One would need to spend lots of time doing further research or know a lot about who currently owns or makes which labels of wine.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Supposedly there were some expensive California wines on the arsenic list. The versiion I saw listed only the owning entity and not individual labels, so it was hard to verify which specific wines were on or off the list. One would need to spend lots of time doing further research or know a lot about who currently owns or makes which labels of wine.
Yes, although the list contained a lot of the big commercial labels that supply lower end products like two buck chuck, menage a trois, Smoking Loon, Beringer, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.