Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gifts and Discussion (2015-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I am 55K from 4MM this is annoying
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by DL-Don
www.delta.com/mmgift

...but I don't think you can actually see them unless you are eligible and logged in.

I'm not sure how they can devalue the gifts much more unless they do away with them completely. I have my 5MM gift pending but I don't expect to redeem it anytime soon given the current selection.
I have the list (screen shots) of choices in a post on my blog from August: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ces-selection/

Clearly at that time the 40,000 points was a choice but now gone according to PM&M.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I just achieved Million Miler a few days ago. I can confirm that the 40,000 miles are not an option. There are also fewer luggage choices - just the two colors of Hartmann's 20" Intensity spinner, not the other options that were in Rene's list. A bit of a disappointment because I prefer luggage with two wheels to luggage with four. The Tumi Tegra-Lite is also gone, but the other Tumi options remain intact.

Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Arch103
Is the gift program still active? I recently made my first million miles, and got tags that said as much (maybe an email also?), but no mention of a gift. Not that I need more luggage ... but still.
Yes. I actually received an e-mail reminding me to visit the gift site and make my selection.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Clearly at that time the 40,000 points was a choice but now gone according to PM&M.
I was able to select 40k miles in June 2016 as my 1MM gift. At one cent per mile, the value of 40k miles is equal to the full retail price of the luggage selections.

I don't need luggage, so the miles were the obvious choice.

Sucks for people like my my wife who has about 800k lifetime miles on Delta
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by BenA
I just achieved Million Miler a few days ago. I can confirm that the 40,000 miles are not an option. There are also fewer luggage choices - just the two colors of Hartmann's 20" Intensity spinner, not the other options that were in Rene's list. A bit of a disappointment because I prefer luggage with two wheels to luggage with four. The Tumi Tegra-Lite is also gone, but the other Tumi options remain intact.

Let's hope the luggage is still there next summer when I expect to hit 1MM.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by yohanson
Let's hope the luggage is still there next summer when I expect to hit 1MM.
I am hoping for Feb. when I hit 4MM. Please DL
Old Sep 26, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM/ 2MM
Originally Posted by BenA

I passed 2MM a few weeks ago and I was disappointed about the Tegra-Lite being dropped from the list. But the Tumi bag I did get is nice, and it was delivered in less than a week, not the 4+ weeks that was stated.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:23 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Glad I hit my 1MM in June, then! I got the Tegra-Lite and am very happy with it so far. I've covered it with stickers so I can avoid any mistaken identity mixups either onboard or at bag claim.

The only issue I've had isn't the bag's fault. I checked it on a recent trip; TSA unlocked it and failed to re-lock it, but TSA@BOS was willing to take a moment to fix that for me. (I know it's practically a placebo lock, but I'd like to make it at least a little more difficult to rifle through....)

Last edited by CKDGM; Sep 26, 2016 at 4:24 pm Reason: add missing sentence end
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never had 40k as a gift offer. When I made my first MM after 9/11, they sent me the crappiest gift ever, which was essentially two leather luggage tags, that were garbage. I complained and was told that they had cut back, but would make it up to me one day, if they improved their offering(s).

When I hit 2MM, I got a TUMI bag. The options were several luggage and jewelry pieces, no 40k option. BTW, I have tried several times to get Delta to honor their pledge and send me a decent gift from the first time around, and they have repeatedly welched on it, even when sending them the original e-mails promising otherwise.

When I hit 3MM, which might be further out than I anticipated due to their lack of service now to where I live, we'll see what they have, but miles have never been an option for me.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:23 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Originally Posted by hfly
I never had 40k as a gift offer. When I made my first MM after 9/11, they sent me the crappiest gift ever, which was essentially two leather luggage tags, that were garbage.
You were luckier than me, as when I went over 1MM all I got was one luggage tag. I guess since it had a "Hartmann" brand it was meant to be a real prize, but not to me. It ended up being stolen about a week after I put it on my bag anyway.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by lovecabo
You were luckier than me, as when I went over 1MM all I got was one luggage tag. I guess since it had a "Hartmann" brand it was meant to be a real prize, but not to me. It ended up being stolen about a week after I put it on my bag anyway.
I guess I really scored when NW gave me a luggage tag and a pen as my MM gift
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
There were some early NW MM tags that were classy, but I was less fond of the later version I received. I know someone who got the earlier version around 1990.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I got a Coach Leather notebook which I still have back in 1996 (I think) ^
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There were some early NW MM tags that were classy, but I was less fond of the later version I received. I know someone who got the earlier version around 1990.
I still have my 2 brass tags. They are very nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.