Droid Problems with Delta App

Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by thoiboi
Are you sure you're a delta dm ) just kidding

OP, make sure your password is meeting the proper requirements. UPPER case, Lower case, number. It might just be you are using a password that the app isn't properly authenticating.

Change your password again to something simple like Computer1! and try logging in. Make sure you're not fat-fingering it (it sounds silly but very possible)
Earlier today I had to log in again to the app (I check the box to keep me logged in) and it didn't take my password but the old PIN worked. I thought that this wasn't supposed to happen. It was the iphone app on my ipad.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Ok gentleman and madames......logged in to delta app on my wife's phone it worked....so now I know it's my phone.....Both have samsung galaxy s4 .....interesting thing is I only had to login skymiles account and password on hers ..... on mine it makes me do skymiles account password last name ....any thoughts....if I factory reset do I lose everything
Now you're getting somewhere. Try the following on your phone:

1. Clear the Apps Cache
2 Uninstall the app.
3 Turn the phone off.
4. Pull the battery.
5. Hold the power on button for 10 seconds.
6. Replace the battery.
7. Turn the phone on
8. Go to the Play Store.
9. Enter Fly Delta and search
10. Install the App.
11. Retry your login.

Good luck
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Ok gentleman and madames......logged in to delta app on my wife's phone it worked....so now I know it's my phone.....Both have samsung galaxy s4 .....interesting thing is I only had to login skymiles account and password on hers ..... on mine it makes me do skymiles account password last name ....any thoughts....if I factory reset do I lose everything
The symptoms seem to indicate that there's residual code from the 3.4 problem situation. The other thing I'd do is move it to the SD Card if you still have a problem.

Regarding the Backup/Factory Reset - I don't have a Sprint Account or know anyone I technically trust who does and who has done the backup/Factory Reset/Restore. I can't give you any guidance except to check wwith Sprint and ythen double check whatever their technical department says with reliable interned sources.

Reinstalling Apps is easy (as long as you make a list) but time consuming. Also a good time not to reinstall stuff you don't use any more. Most data resides elsewhere, especially if it's shared with a pc or cloud. As long as you have your id's and passwords you should nbe ok with those.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta dm
I definitely 100% agree it is a residual code from 3.4 because my wife never downloaded 3.4 .....and can get on there .....I can go in as a guest just not login 3.4.1 on my phone.....I tried all u mentioned above including move to sd card but no luck....something not allowing 3.4.1 to install correctly...I'm do for a new phone upgrade I think ....only thing I think that can solve the problem
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:36 pm

It's probably corrupted some other resident module

You can use the mobile site for basic stuff like check in and send the BP's to your phone. It's not a solution but a temporary work around while you decide what to do.

go to m.delta.com in your browser. you can always go to the full html site if you need additional functionality.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:50 pm

Sorry that did not work

I don't understand why with my iPhone 7 cannot log on to Delta app. Have delete and reinstalled still get same error message, 'Sorry, that didn't work" an error has occurred please try again later. My wife can log in with her iPhone 7 with no problem. Any ideas? Thanks Phil
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:54 pm

M.delta.com says access denied
Old Jan 16, 2018, 3:59 pm

Wife and I both have ATT
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Are you using a VPN? I only get that access denied when behind a VPN
Philsanchez likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:19 pm

Yes I am indeed using a VPN, will try with that off let you know.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:25 pm

That was the problem. When I turned VPN off and restarted app everything great, Thank you so much, Phil

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.