Droid Problems with Delta App

Old May 31, 2015, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta dm
Have done that several times must be the phone at this point I guess I think I'm up for a free one
Old May 31, 2015, 5:21 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
OK, I guess I'll just hafto bite the bullet and help-ya . . . .

Just PM me yer account number and password, and I'll try it on my Galaxy S5!

<Just kidding, of course!!!>
Old May 31, 2015, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Samsung galaxy 4.... delta 3.4.....Android system update 5.0....I can go in as guest enter credit card info pull up flights but can't login
My wife has an S4 with the 5.0 Update and it works fine.

The correct version of the App should be 3.4.1

There was a login problem with 3.4 discussed in this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-delta-qa.html

Check it out and make sure you have 3.4.1, not 3.4

Also, are you removing the app and restarting the phone before re downloading and installing?
Old May 31, 2015, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

I have 3.4.1....tried to remove shutdown phone reinstall no dice
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I'm assuming you've tried different things but just to be sure (and to get a clear picture of other variables -

Which phone carrier?

3G, 4G or LTE?

Are you roaming?

Have you also tried wi-fi?

Are there any other apps which don't work correctly?

You uninstalled via SETTINGS - MORE - APPLICATION MANAGER, correct?

Have you moved the app to your SD Card?

How much Available space do you have in Device Memory? SD Card?

To quote from "The King and I" - 'It's a puzzlement'

-------------------- Additional Info

My wife's phone: Verizon 3G, 4G, and LTE work OK. Roaming is turned off. Wi-Fi through home and work access points, T-Mobile hot spot, and public wi-fi like Sky Club and GoGo work fine. Installed in Device memory (Mine is on an SD card on my Note 3).

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jun 1, 2015 at 4:49 am Reason: Additional Info
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Sprint samsung galaxy s4 roaming off wifi great 4g lte no issues with any other app can do anything on the delta app but login delta app nto on memory card delta app on the device just weird
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:50 am

Is it possible for you to try to sign in on someone else's phone? That way we can rule out your account.

The last thing I'd recommend is to do a backup of the phone and a factory reset, then an install of the Fly Delta App. If that works, restore the backup, and see if the app still works. If it does, we'll never know why, if it doesn't there's obviously a conflict with some other app on the phone.

Sorry, wish I could be more help.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:01 pm

Have you tried going into the application manager and clearing the data and cache from the program?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Cleared cache good idea still can't login....I will try to login on wifes phone tonight good idea poster
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:56 pm

Have you tried contacting DL about the issue? As much as people like to complain about DL IT here I have the feeling they would be able to help you much better than we can.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:38 pm

Try your wife's phone and if it doesn't work, send a PM to Danny_DeltaeCommerce, briefy explain your situation, point him to this thread and ask for help.

You can also try through Delta Assist on Twitter.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

I will do the twitter assist thanks for that.....I have called delta it and they are zero and I mean zero help....Their idea of help is transfer to the platinum desk which has nothing to do with it because they have no idea....As much as I like delta there it is horrible....it is the weak link....tried to pm Danny but it isn't going through he can't recieve pm or it is blocked

Last edited by dzflyer; Jun 1, 2015 at 2:31 pm
Old Jun 1, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Are you sure you're a delta dm ) just kidding

OP, make sure your password is meeting the proper requirements. UPPER case, Lower case, number. It might just be you are using a password that the app isn't properly authenticating.

Change your password again to something simple like Computer1! and try logging in. Make sure you're not fat-fingering it (it sounds silly but very possible)
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by dzflyer
I will do the twitter assist thanks for that.....I have called delta it and they are zero and I mean zero help....Their idea of help is transfer to the platinum desk which has nothing to do with it because they have no idea....As much as I like delta there it is horrible....it is the weak link....tried to pm Danny but it isn't going through he can't recieve pm or it is blocked
If your wife's phone works, a factory reset is your best bet. You should also follow the suggestion to try a different password.

If neither work, I'd post a synopsis in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-thread.html .

If you don't get a response in a day or two, FAX a letter asking for help to Delta. I've found that I get better responses by faxing.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Ok gentleman and madames......logged in to delta app on my wife's phone it worked....so now I know it's my phone.....Both have samsung galaxy s4 .....interesting thing is I only had to login skymiles account and password on hers ..... on mine it makes me do skymiles account password last name ....any thoughts....if I factory reset do I lose everything

Last edited by dzflyer; Jun 1, 2015 at 4:24 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.