Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta one configuration on SEA-JFK 757qu estion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2015, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,

We are schedule on DL 418 on July 12. Got upgraded (cert) to what looks like a Delta One configured front of the plane. Haven't flown on a 757 with 16 pods before.

Am I getting something wrong (tried searching for photos)...do you really have to climb over the person on the aisle if you need to get out of your window pod? (We are debating whether to take two aisles and have a stranger crawl over us, or go window/aisle and crawl over each other)! Or am I worrying for nothing.

Will taking 1A/B help with this problem, or 1C/D to avoid being at the galley?

Thanks
Old May 30, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

First while it's a 16J config right now that may change any time. Also be sure to confirm that it's not the recliners and true flat beds.

Second, there's no Delta One service on this route anymore, so don't expect anything besides regular first.
Old May 30, 2015, 11:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Steve007NY
We are schedule on DL 418 on July 12. Got upgraded (cert) to what looks like a Delta One configured front of the plane. Haven't flown on a 757 with 16 pods before.

Am I getting something wrong (tried searching for photos)...do you really have to climb over the person on the aisle if you need to get out of your window pod? (We are debating whether to take two aisles and have a stranger crawl over us, or go window/aisle and crawl over each other)! Or am I worrying for nothing.

Thanks
I have the photos you need in this post: http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...d-back-review/
Old May 30, 2015, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM&MM, DL KMwannabe, HH, AA, TG,
Chose this flight precisely because it looked like true lieflat.... though know they may change.
Again, thanks, but the question is still (hard to tell from the pix).... do you have to climb over the aisle passenger to leave the window seat when seats reclining?
Old May 30, 2015, 11:44 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Chose this flight precisely because it looked like true lieflat.... though know they may change.
Again, thanks, but the question is still (hard to tell from the pix).... do you have to climb over the aisle passenger to leave the window seat when seats reclining?
If the aisle passenger is reclining, you may be able to get by. If the aisle passenger is in lie flat, you need to step over them. How hard that is depends on how flexible you are.

Also, AIUI all the 75E have become 75S, though I can't find a reference for that...
Old May 30, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by bennos
If the aisle passenger is reclining, you may be able to get by. If the aisle passenger is in lie flat, you need to step over them. How hard that is depends on how flexible you are.

Also, AIUI all the 75E have become 75S, though I can't find a reference for that...
I don't have a reference for you, but I have some anecdotal evidence for you. There's a pretty much once-daily 757 that bounces between SLC and JFK with 16F seats, and they have been the lie flats on the seat map selection, as well as the layout being called 75S when you look at the seat selection window.

Originally Posted by Delta Points
I have the photos you need in this post: http://deltapoints.boardingarea.com/...d-back-review/
And on the note of the 75S that comes into SLC... I just read your report of your RT SFO to JFK. How on earth did you get the roundtrip for so cheap? Any time I try to fly to JFK or connect there, I look at the option with the 75S, and the cost difference for F on the 75S vs any other F cabin is significantly higher, easily hundreds of dollars more each way.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT

Thanks
what you can do though is to SDC on the day of departure, some will say you can't keep your upgrade if you do that but you can, just HUCA. a rep can eventually do it for you since OP is like an award F/J ticket. (eligible for SDC) as long as one seat available.

I have done this before, so if it end up it isn't the flat bed you wanted (SEA base here)

I will do SEA_SFO_JFK or SEA_LAX_JFK
Old May 30, 2015, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by brocklee9000
How on earth did you get the roundtrip for so cheap?
Posted it on the mileage run blog: http://deltamileagerun.boardingarea.com/san-francisco-new-york-291-5172mqms-at-5-6cpm-weekday-diamond-medallion-delta-mileage-run/
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Seems the flat beds will be gone around August 10th.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Hi! As part of a consolidation of Threads about the DL fleet, do you mind moving your conversation over here for any fleet related questions? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ng-thread.html
or here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-thread.html

Thanks!

BP&T
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K

Thanks
I was in 1A on JFK-LAX (815am flight) a couple weeks ago, and it was decidedly a pain to crawl over the outstretched legs of the guy in 1B ... the floor-to-ceiling bulkhead (which mounts the TV screens) in front of 1AB was probably worse than a seat pod in terms of not having any contoured surfaces to push (lightly) against

proximity to the galley/lav was not an issue

with a companion I would certainly opt for AB or CD because you will know who is disturbing whom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.