Get Old NW FF number somehow?

Old May 30, 2015, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Get Old NW FF number somehow?

Hello!

I'm rather unfamiliar with DL, being mostly on the dark side (United, despite being in boston), but I decided to check up on my account recently, and I've run across something peculiar. Now... I haven't exactly flown delta recently (past 6 years), but I really ought to have quite a few more than a 1,000 measly million miler balance, for various reasons, and I have decided to finally rectify this oversight. Now, I know its rather too late to claim DL miles on DL flights if for whatever reason I flew them but didn't post.
But I know that from the latter half of the 90s to the early 2000s I made several Trans-Pac flights on NW (probably about 5), before most such flying shifted to UA/CO. However, during this time period, I was really young, yet old enough to require my own seat. Knowing my father (60-80s bluechip sen. staff who flew a lot for work - 800K UA), and having asked him, I would have had a Worldperks #. But I don't know what that is, and we don't exactly have the emails/paper from back then. How would I go about getting my old Worldperks #, and therefore the corresponding DL account, to merge my history, and get that much closer to Million Miler :P?

Last edited by JShLin; May 30, 2015 at 9:18 am
Old May 30, 2015, 9:23 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Is it possible that your miles expired? Currently, they don't, but, not too long ago, if you didn't have some sort of activity in your account within (I think) 18 months, your miles expired.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Redeemable miles expire, but MM miles shouldn't disappear unless the account is totally closed for some reason. AFAIK accounts aren't deleted due to inactivity even though the miles are zeroed out.

It should be possible for someone to search for the account number based on the name and address that were associated with the account. This assumes that old PMNW WorldPerks account details weren't totally deleted after the accounts were combined.

My guess is that DL probably transformed your old NW account number into a DL account number automatically at the time of the merger. Have you tried calling DL? You might want to try asking for web support if a regular phone agent and supervisor don't know how to help.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Dis, IHG Gold.
Thanks for the replies!
Some more details: I'm fairly sure million miler miles aren't meant to expire...
I've called DL twice; they say they a) don't have access to any of the old NW Worldperks data, and b) they can't find another account under my name, under any of my previous addresses. Additionally, c), my current Skymiles account apparently dates to July, 2009. Post Merger, certainly, but before the issuance of a single operating certificate and the merger of Skymiles and Worldperks.

Failing Web support, who I shall call once back in the states, any suggestions? or just count it as a loss and move on?
Old May 30, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Do you have any old boarding passes or trip receipts or your NW card?

Bob H
Old May 30, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
If you ever linked the two numbers at the time of the merger, or if DL created an account off your old WP number, the lifetime miles should have transferred over. Mine did.

Does anyone else still remember their old WP account number? I do, even though I have to think about my DL number whenever I need it.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
If you ever linked the two numbers at the time of the merger, or if DL created an account off your old WP number, the lifetime miles should have transferred over. Mine did.

Does anyone else still remember their old WP account number? I do, even though I have to think about my DL number whenever I need it.
I think DL created 10 digit DL SM account number from 9 digit NW WP account numbers by putting a 6 in front of it. That was what they did ; data from about 200 exNW flyers that I known/met.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
True, but, have you ever had an 18 month period with no activity of some sort - during the period when miles DID, indeed expire?
Old May 30, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by JShLin
I've called DL twice; they say they can't find another account under my name, under any of my previous addresses.
I recently flew UA for the first time in probably 15 years. I had to call to change my flight and the reservation agent asked if I had a UA number. I told her that I did, many years ago . . . she looked it up and found it. I was surprised. Of course, that was the same system, not one that merged in like NW's.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Unless something changed very recently, Delta should still be able to look up your old Northwest Worldperk account and provide your new Delta Sky Miles account number. Now, if for whatever reason your miles were not credited to your million miler account, you won't be able to recover those. They don't go back more than I think 6 months in the past to verify flights. Some account numbers only had to be slightly changed to become 10 digit accounts. Many people were not that lucky and their new Delta accounts were completely different. Delta sent out emails to the email addresses on account in October and November of 2008 and advised you of your new account number. At that time you were asked to merge any other accounts that you may have had. It should be noted that Delta did not exactly give the same credits towards million miler status as Northwest. Also, 5 Asia trips would not have put you even remotely close to million mile status.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:58 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by davetravels
True, but, have you ever had an 18 month period with no activity of some sort - during the period when miles DID, indeed expire?
OP is saying that even if his Redeemable miles may expired, his Million Miler Balance should be more then 4 digit with several TPAC flight he had
Old May 30, 2015, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Felixishim
OP is saying that even if his Redeemable miles may expired, his Million Miler Balance should be more then 4 digit with several TPAC flight he had
Yes, I understand that. I was saying that, if his account didn't have activity for a loooooooong time, maybe they deleted the miles or closed it!
Old May 31, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I wish OP the best of luck, and if successful, I may have to call in as well

I flew many TPACs back in the day (before I defected to CO), and if they're able to scrounge up the old account to merge the MM mile counter into my current SM account, I'd be very happy!
Old May 31, 2015, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by tentseller
I think DL created 10 digit DL SM account number from 9 digit NW WP account numbers by putting a 6 in front of it. That was what they did ; data from about 200 exNW flyers that I known/met.
My SM number is entirely different than my WP number (know both by heart, still!).
Old May 31, 2015, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At the merger, I had both NW and DL FF account numbers, both very old, but with much more activity and miles on the NW number. To combine accounts, I was forced to use the DL number going forward.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.