Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do I need to cancel companion's ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG

Hi all. My wife and I are booked on DL on a one-way flight under the same PNR in July. We just found out that she will not be able to make the trip. The change fees cost more than the ticket so I am willing to just eat it.

Questions: Should I call and cancel just her portion? Will they want to charge me a change fee to drop her from the PNR? Or should I just board without her and they'll give her seat to a standby passenger? They won't remove me the plane if she's a no-show will they?
Old May 29, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I'd call DL and request they split the PNR, then cancel hers
Old May 29, 2015, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It really doesn't matter, but if you're concerned, you could call DL and ask them to split the PNR.
Old May 29, 2015, 10:52 am

No one will look for her.

But if you check her in when you check-in, letting the gate agent know that she won't be boarding would help him process seat assignments for others.

There are no-call+no-shows on every flight. Their seats get released and no one looks into it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.