Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK to San Not Upgrade Eligible?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

JFK to San Not Upgrade Eligible?

Trying to book a nonstop flight from JFK to SAN at the end of May. On a T fare the booking option says "Not upgrade Eligible to First". Has there been a change? Why no complementary upgrades on this route? Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The flight is eligible, it's just a long-standing bug showing it as ineligible on the website. You will see it on all the upgrade eligible JFK trans-con routes that were formerly eligible for lounge access (and thus carry J fare codes for F) -- SEA, PDX, DEN, LAS, PHX, SAN. As well as any domestic flight that's a continuation of an International flight (for example, DL 110 and 81 ATL-LAX) which also carry J fare class codes for First.

Last edited by xliioper; Mar 6, 2016 at 7:42 am
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by LBJ
The flight is eligible, it's just a long-standing bug showing it as ineligible on the website. You will see it on all the upgrade eligible JFK trans-con routes that were formerly eligible for lounge access (and thus carry J fare codes for F) -- SEA, PDX, DEN, LAS, PHX, SAN. As well as any domestic flight that's a continuation of an International flight (for example, DL 110 and 81 ATL-LAX) which also carry J fare class codes for First.
This is all true, though I would personally call in to make sure that everything in coded correctly.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
True if OP correctly means SAN = San Diego. However, if SAN means San Francisco (SFO) to the OP, the upgrade rules are different on this nonstop route. The lack of all caps in the thread title can be interpreted either way.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Eligible but very hard to get nowadays. I've missed it more than once as a DM on Y fare (#1 with 0 seats available)
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:36 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I have post-May 16 AMS-SEA-PHX DL ticket that shows SEA-PHX is not eligible for complimentary upgrade but let me get a seat in C+.

Not sure why but I am guessing it too is a glitch as my outbound PHX-LAX leg of PHX-LAX-AMS is saying its eligible.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 355F1
I have post-May 16 AMS-SEA-PHX DL ticket that shows SEA-PHX is not eligible for complimentary upgrade but let me get a seat in C+.

Not sure why but I am guessing it too is a glitch as my outbound PHX-LAX leg of PHX-LAX-AMS is saying its eligible.
For the most part if the flight uses J/C/D/Z instead of F/G/A/P the system errors out and states not upgrade eligible. It just doesn't understand the those flights are actually Domestic First flights and not Delta One.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Eligible but very hard to get nowadays. I've missed it more than once as a DM on Y fare (#1 with 0 seats available)
It depends on when you fly. I've seen them trying (and failing) to sell upgrades at the gate after all medallions are upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.