Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uh, where did the beer go?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
Uh, where did the beer go?

At Salt Lake club and all they have is Bud and Bud Light. Really?

You know the similarities between Bud and making love in a canoe is? F$&@ing close to water!

That is just sad, guess it is wine today!

-ok
Old May 26, 2015, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Budweiser.
A hangover in every can.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Budweiser.
A hangover in every can.
Everybody has their taste. For some reason Bud and Bud Light do sell fairly well on the open market, so more than a few like the products (and the decision for me is not price).

I do agree that if they are down to 2 selections, they should not be the same brew.

Have one either Bud or Bud Light and something else for the other selection. I assume SLC of course has no locals, but many good choices from down in Denver.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Everybody has their taste. For some reason Bud and Bud Light do sell fairly well on the open market, so more than a few like the products (and the decision for me is not price).

I do agree that if they are down to 2 selections, they should not be the same brew.

Have one either Bud or Bud Light and something else for the other selection. I assume SLC of course has no locals, but many good choices from down in Denver.
Utah has some great, award-winning locals. Don't know why they were pulled from the club - they usually had at least 2 on tap.
Head down the concourse to Squatters or Wasatch to get your local brew…
Old May 26, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I assume SLC of course has no locals, but many good choices from down in Denver.
There are many microbrews in the Salt Lake area. There is a tavern in the C concourse in SLC called Squatters Pub that serves some good local stuff. The SLC Crown Room used to be the #1 airport club for beer drinkers in the USA--they would have at least 15 choices in there, most of which were local microbrews. They also used to have Krusovice dark beer from the Czech Republic in big bottles.

Delta and their club management contractor took all the fun out of the SLC club.
Old May 26, 2015, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum

Totally agree. Didn't mean to offend. It sure is a big beer.

But yes, at least one that has a darker/happier flavor would be good.
Old May 26, 2015, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ND76
There are many microbrews in the Salt Lake area. There is a tavern in the C concourse in SLC called Squatters Pub that serves some good local stuff. The SLC Crown Room used to be the #1 airport club for beer drinkers in the USA--they would have at least 15 choices in there, most of which were local microbrews. They also used to have Krusovice dark beer from the Czech Republic in big bottles.

Delta and their club management contractor took all the fun out of the SLC club.
SLC used to be the bright spot in the whole system. Good local microbrews. A number of impressive imports. A bar tender who could talk knowledgeably about them. </sigh>

When you walk in the front door of the SLC club and hear a plaintiff wail, it is Lincoln crying as RA squeezes pennies on Va Ave.

Ever put a penny on a railroad track to see what a fright train could do to it? Va Ave can squeeze one even flatter.
Old May 26, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Ever put a penny on a railroad track to see what a fright train could do to it? Va Ave can squeeze one even flatter.
^ Anderson can pench a penny so hard that it turns into copper wire!
Old May 26, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: dl dm, *g
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
^ Anderson can pench a penny so hard that it turns into copper wire!
gonna have to steal that one
Old May 26, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ornulfkittelsen
At Salt Lake club and all they have is Bud and Bud Light. Really?

You know the similarities between Bud and making love in a canoe is? F$&@ing close to water!

That is just sad, guess it is wine today!

-ok
I guess this is part of the supposed "upgrades" coming later this year to a Sky Club near you.

Last edited by KDCAflyer; May 26, 2015 at 11:13 pm
Old May 27, 2015, 12:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Good local microbrews.
Would you be shocked to hear I expect soon to see local microbrews from each SC city in the "free" selections? Yep - just wait and see! ^
Old May 27, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Would you be shocked to hear I expect soon to see local microbrews from each SC city in the "free" selections? Yep - just wait and see! ^
Why yes, yes I would be shocked. This is the Delta SC, correct?
Old May 27, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: DL 2MM GM
But they still have Jack!
Old May 27, 2015, 6:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Why does it matter ALL drafts have to be 3.2% so basically Bud Light & Budweiser are the same?
Old May 27, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Shocked? No. I'd be gobsmacked.

But, if it happens, Va Ave (and some here) will tout this as a magnanimous gesture... conveniently forgetting that this would be just another return of something that had previously been taken away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.