Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

"Seat assignment has been changed due to seat duplication"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member

Today I got an email saying my seats have been reassigned due to seat duplication. I purchased this flight on March 14, 2015 and used my GUCs the same day to put my son and I into seats 74A and 74K. I've now been moved to 79A and 79K. I say there is no effin way I was in a duplicate seat for 2 months and 10 days! Thoughts?
Old May 24, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by yohanson
Today I got an email saying my seats have been reassigned due to seat duplication. I purchased this flight on March 14, 2015 and used my GUCs the same day to put my son and I into seats 74A and 74K. I've now been moved to 79A and 79K. I say there is no effin way I was in a duplicate seat for 2 months and 10 days! Thoughts?
If this is not a joke, please provide Flt, date, city pairs.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:10 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
2 people were assigned to your seat.

Or a DM 360 wanted your seat....
Old May 24, 2015, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by kettle1
If this is not a joke, please provide Flt, date, city pairs.
It's the DTW-CDG flight.

Flight Information
DATE AND FLIGHT
Fri 03Jul2015 | DL 1096 | MSP ► DTW
Fri 03Jul2015 | DL 98 | DTW ► CDG
Sat 04Jul2015 | YS 8545 | CDG ► OSL
Thu 09Jul2015 | YS 8465 | OSL ► CDG
Thu 09Jul2015 | DL 242 | CDG ► BOS
Thu 09Jul2015 | DL 859 | BOS ► MSP
Old May 24, 2015, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puddinhead
2 people were assigned to your sear.

Or a DM 360 wanted your seat....
For 2 months and 10 days? I'm thinking the latter or non rev.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott

I hope you're joking about nonrev.

Anyways, just snag two seats together. There's no way that you're 2 months and 10 days out and can't choose two seats together.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aviatorzz
I hope you're joking about nonrev.

Anyways, just snag two seats together. There's no way that you're 2 months and 10 days out and can't choose two seats together.
I had been in those seats for 2 months and 10 days. I say there is no way that We were in duplicate seats for that long. It was a phone agent that put us there to begin with when I called to use the GUCs right after booking.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I'm surprised you got an email. This kind of thing happens all the time and this is the first I ever heard of the pax being notified.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
FAM. That must be it. OP has two seats together on the upper deck. It happens. At least 5-6 flts a year my seats are changed because of FAM's. There is nothing you can do about it and the airline will not disclose the reason why you are being moved.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
FAM. That must be it. OP has two seats together on the upper deck. It happens. At least 5-6 flts a year my seats are changed because of FAM's. There is nothing you can do about it and the airline will not disclose the reason why you are being moved.
But they did. Delta would outright lie to a customer? Say it ain't so.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by avidflyer
But they did. Delta would outright lie to a customer? Say it ain't so.
That wouldn't be a lie. The customer was moved due to a seat duplication; it just so happens that the person with a duplicate seat would be a FAM.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
That's interesting, as more than one purser has told me that FAMs do not occupy BE/First/Delta One seats unless they are available at time of departure. I was told that revenue paying peeps will always have priority over FAMs for these seats.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by audidudi
That's interesting, as more than one purser has told me that FAMs do not occupy BE/First/Delta One seats unless they are available at time of departure. I was told that revenue paying peeps will always have priority over FAMs for these seats.
I have heard the same thing.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
A check-riding FA crew member could bump a revenue passenger to observe
the performance of the crew. "BUT" incredibly two check riding crew members
-"NO-WAY" !
Often the seats bumped are those that are near the galley or last row of
aircraft section
Prime observation points.
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark and deserves further review and
explanation !

The ONLY other conceivable explanation is a Federal US Marshall has placed
a lien on these seats (and perhaps because of a VIP being on board) with
proximity to the Flight Deck !
This although I would think that being near the entrance/exit stairway in the
rear of the cabin would be prime - I don't have the answer here just guessing !
Old May 24, 2015, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by audidudi
I have no knowledge about what a purser knows, but I have been moved many times (always in the same class of service) due to FAM's. I also have no idea why the OP was moved on this flt. It is a pure speculation on my part. FAM's are not like non-revs that take empty seats - FAM's tell the airline where the are going to sit - and that is where they sit. Period.

If anyone can dispute what I said, please do. I fly quite a bit and it is the same on ALL USA based carriers.

OP got 2 C seats together, be happy for that. They are close to the stairs, but still upper deck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.