Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL 3373 LGA/PIT - - Is it canx . . . or not???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 11:28 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver

As I have posted before, I own a limo company. Today, I was checking on DL3373 LGA/PIT to pick up one of my most regular and oldest customers, and it showed the usual bright red: CANCELLED

I wondered why my passenger hadn't called?!? I tried to call both the husband and wife, and both of their cell phones went to voice mail!

I saw a US flight around the same time, but I'm sure they would have thought to call me if they had changed flights.

So, I did a schedule check from LGA/PIT, and lo and behold, DL3373 (an E170 op'd by Shuttle America) was CANX - but replaced by DL5673 (an E145 op'd by Shuttle America).

By the time I figured all of this out, and now discovered that the new flight was running 25 minutes early, the driver would have a hard time getting to the airport on time.

Anyway . . . .

Would it be so hard for Delta's super hi-tech computer system () to show that a replacement flight was created when you check on the original flight number?!? I don't usually send drivers to the airport when a flight shows cancelled. If I hadn't thought to do a schedule check, my passengers would have been extremely PEEVED OFF at me!

If both flights were operated by Shuttle America, why would they even have to change the flight number?!?
Old May 24, 2015, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME the higher DL Connection flight numbers tend to be smaller aircraft. For example, a CRJ-900 has a 3XXX number while a CRJ-200 on the same route will typically have a 5XXX flight number. In this case, it's easier to tell at a glance whether the flight will have a FC cabin.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IME the higher DL Connection flight numbers tend to be smaller aircraft. For example, a CRJ-900 has a 3XXX number while a CRJ-200 on the same route will typically have a 5XXX flight number. In this case, it's easier to tell at a glance whether the flight will have a FC cabin.
Thank you very much for that highly scientific analysis!

Old May 24, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL MM, UA Global Services, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by davetravels
As I have posted before, I own a limo company. Today, I was checking on DL3373 LGA/PIT to pick up one of my most regular and oldest customers, and it showed the usual bright red: CANCELLED

I wondered why my passenger hadn't called?!? I tried to call both the husband and wife, and both of their cell phones went to voice mail!

I saw a US flight around the same time, but I'm sure they would have thought to call me if they had changed flights.

So, I did a schedule check from LGA/PIT, and lo and behold, DL3373 (an E170 op'd by Shuttle America) was CANX - but replaced by DL5673 (an E145 op'd by Shuttle America).

By the time I figured all of this out, and now discovered that the new flight was running 25 minutes early, the driver would have a hard time getting to the airport on time.

Anyway . . . .

Would it be so hard for Delta's super hi-tech computer system () to show that a replacement flight was created when you check on the original flight number?!? I don't usually send drivers to the airport when a flight shows cancelled. If I hadn't thought to do a schedule check, my passengers would have been extremely PEEVED OFF at me!

If both flights were operated by Shuttle America, why would they even have to change the flight number?!?
If you own a limo/car service company here in PIT, I can't help but wonder if yours is the one I'm in so frequently! Just keeping an eye out by the Hertz counter...
Old May 24, 2015, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Swing and a miss.

Delta Connection flight numbers are a series based on what carrier is operating them.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card

This thread quacks (insert duck) me up. RJ - Limo.
Old May 25, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by kettle1

This thread quacks (insert duck) me up. RJ - Limo.
Well, they're both approximately the same size.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:56 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
In The Olden Days™ "limo" referred to a real, stretch limousine. These days "limo" is a synonym for "van" (or minivan for vice presidents).
Old May 25, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kishkash
If you own a limo/car service company here in PIT, I can't help but wonder if yours is the one I'm in so frequently! Just keeping an eye out by the Hertz counter...
First, let me say that, I started my business (officially) on May 25, 1985.

TODAY is my 30 year anniversary!

As to the Hertz counter . . . .

The Airport Authority only allows limo companies to meet our customers next to either the Hertz or Avis rent-a-car counters. I chose Hertz when the airport opened 20+ years ago, because it's a little closer to the USAir baggage claim carousels - of which, only 2 of the 6 they used to use are currently used. Hertz is also a tad closer to the door that the drivers use to retrieve the car.

That said, I'll be sending you a PM a little later today when I get a few minutes to see if you are indeed a customer of mine, and perhaps, we have even met!
Old May 25, 2015, 1:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Congtats.

However, in the discussion of the Hertz door, IIRC PIT moved to the new terminal farther out from the city at some point after your business was established, right? The one with all of the shopping that then was in bad shape after 9/11, so I'm guessing that the move was in the late 1990s. I know it was after the late 1970s. [I don't mean the old Allegheny County airport on the other side of the city.]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.