Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL starting BOS-SEA nonstop April 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Several good points have been made. First, I am also surprised that there is an 11 month lag between the announcement and the start of the service... pretty unusual for a domestic route.

My favorite route to HKG from BOS was the DTW nonstop. I really don't know why that disappeared.

BOS-SEA will generate traffic independent of Asian connections... there is a large legacy of frequent fliers here in New England. NW used to fly the route years ago.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Is the timing of the BOS flight good for Asia connections ex-SEA?
Old May 24, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
I'd wager this will become double daily and potentially upgauged to everyone's favourite 739 aircraft before it starts in April. This is likely the first of any east coast nonstops coming. Delta could start DCA-SEA, but they would need to transfer a DCA-SLC nonstop. Wouldn't surprise me if we see SEA-TPE being added next year as well.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
NW had this route at late as 1997, if not later.
Old May 24, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
For the record, I wouldn't want a 6 hour domestic feeder flight myself, BOS-SEA-HKG vs. BOS-JFK-HKG on AA/CX, BOS-DFW-HKG on AA, or (dare I say) BOS-EWR-HKG on UA, BOS-SEA-HKG would be a distant fourth on that list, either in Y or J, unless DL put BE on BOS-SEA, and I doubt that happens as nobody has yet recently put a BE-type product on BOS-LAX, the one non-NYC/California route in the USA that I think could support the premium product.
Hey now, you are also leaving out that we now have 4-cabin non-stop CX service right into Logan.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Hey now, you are also leaving out that we now have 4-cabin non-stop CX service right into Logan.
I'm assuming that will be priced accordingly for nonstop and a connection would be cheaper . BOS-HKG would obviously be the first preference, but even if willing to connect I would still do those other options before BOS-SEA-HKG on DL (add BOS-ORD-HKG on AA/CX as well).
Old May 24, 2015, 11:57 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
NW had this route at late as 1997, if not later.
Yup. I flew a lot of NW 752s back and forth in those days; when they got rid of the nonstops I wound up moving to DL. Funny how that worked out....
Old May 25, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by cfischer
I get the Asia connection, but honestly, if you fly e.g. to TYO ... would you take a 6 hr domestic feeder flight? I wouldn't.
I used to do it quite a bit westbound. It was either camp out in a Boston hotel and then have a very long trip the next day with an early start out of Boston and a connection through DTW/MSP. Or fly to SEA in the evening, hotel in SEA, relax in the morning, and then a relatively short trip to NRT. But that was in the days of the WBC sliders on NW. With the better J seats in international I might do it differently now.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:18 am

Programs: Avianca Brazil Diamond, Etihad Gold, Southwest CC Pass, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Will we see AS respond? Add IND for next summer
Old May 25, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bgriz18
Will we see AS respond? Add IND for next summer
The 73G may work for that route, but I would think at least initially it would be better suited for E-175 operated by OO which of course AS is limited in the number they can operate. The 738 or even 73G would be a lot of aircraft for that market.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I'm assuming that will be priced accordingly for nonstop and a connection would be cheaper . BOS-HKG would obviously be the first preference, but even if willing to connect I would still do those other options before BOS-SEA-HKG on DL (add BOS-ORD-HKG on AA/CX as well).
Got it. Off topic hope the new WN AUS-BOS works out for you nice to see another option and more capacity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.