Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Upgrade Waitlist Question

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Mileage Upgrade Waitlist Question

I'm currently on an upgrade waitlist with miles for an intl from JFK-LHR. I just checked into the flight (haven't cleared yet) but my status shows 1 of 1 on upgrade list with ~20 seats available.

Question is, am I really 1 of 1 for an upgrade, and I should expect to be upgraded, or is this just some "false status" for upgrade given it's a waitlist upgrade with miles?
Old May 24, 2015, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Since there are no medallion upgrades for international, it's quite reasonable that you're the only one on the list.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sethb
Since there are no medallion upgrades for international, it's quite reasonable that you're the only one on the list.
Well there are currently 22 open seats. I really don't want to get my hopes up, but I gotta believe they will clear me for a mileage upgrade. Thinking best place to start is at sky club upon arrival to JFK?
Old May 24, 2015, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tplace1
Well there are currently 22 open seats. I really don't want to get my hopes up, but I gotta believe they will clear me for a mileage upgrade. Thinking best place to start is at sky club upon arrival to JFK?
you can ask at check-in (it may have cleared by then already), if it is that open I have seen them clear pax right there and then. Else your best shot is at the the gate. If you see a 1/1 for 22 seats I'd say your chance is near 100% of clearing baring any unforeseen cancellations or other major irops messing up Delta's operations.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The problem here is DL policy is that upgrades with miles must done in advance. Some GAs know how to do this and are willing if there's time, but they are not obligated regardless of the number of open seats.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Well I've been wait listed for 5 days now for it. Fingers crossed.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:46 am
Original Poster

I got upgraded at the gate about 1.5 hours ahead of departure. First to board as flight was extremely undersold, and biz class was more than half empty. Though I'm wondering if they started offering cheap upgrades, because as the plane filled up, it seemed that biz was well above half full by the time the doors closed. Wondering if I could have saved myself some miles and had paid (that is my company pay) for an upgrade instead.

In the end, I got to sleep at 180 degrees so I really don't care how I got there.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:44 am

Can someone explain to me what it means to have mileage upgrade? so sorry, I'm new to points, credit card promo offers, MS, frequent flyer clubs, everything!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.