Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSN to ABQ help to get lowers price

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2015, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
I think I am just going to take the flights that get in later and try SDC to the earlier flights.
Thanks for the suggestion about MKE. Ill look into it.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by hotshot265
Another suggestion is to fly in and out of Milwaukee. I have not done the research on this particular route, but it is worth a shot. The other thing you have going against you is your are traveling the week of 4th of July..with the 4th on a Saturday..the 6th is the holiday and many families are going to be traveling that week (weekends).
I think you have July 6, wrong. If July 4th was on a Sunday, Monday would be a holiday. If it falls on a Saturday, it is celebrated that day or possibly on the Friday, July 3 (at least that is the date that Federal Employees will have off).
Old May 24, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Yes you are correct about the 3rd for the Federal holiday. I work in manufacturing and I just know a few companies are closed on the 6th also. It could go either way...none the less it is a not-so-cheap week to travel
Old May 24, 2015, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why on earth make any concessions at all? You can fly the dates and times you want on UA and save $300.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by Often1
Why on earth make any concessions at all? You can fly the dates and times you want on UA and save $300.
I have been debating that myself lately. Obviously delta is not all that into me as a frequent flyer. If I take the later flight it would only be a 50 dollar differences between delta and united when you consider waived baggage fees. July may be the time for my own independence day.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
MSN is an extremely expensive airport to fly in and out of. I blame it on EPIC. The flights will be full regardless the price.
As someone who worked for a company in MSN for 9 years (until April 2014) you are spot on.
I think some of the flights I was on were almost all people going to EPIC training.
Old May 24, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by apodo77
As someone who worked for a company in MSN for 9 years (until April 2014) you are spot on.
I think some of the flights I was on were almost all people going to EPIC training.
MSP is as well. Most of the places I fly to cost a pretty penny when going direct. examples are MSP to OMA, BIS, FAR, MSN, PDX, and GFK. UA and AA Connections via CHicago make a cheaper flight but a 1HR flight turns into 5-6 hours total.

As for the Original post decide if Customer Service and Comfort out weighs cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.