Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LHR arrivals lounge from AMS connection

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold; HH Gold

Hi all,

Searched the LHR thread, but couldn't find anything.

I will be flying JFK-AMS-LHR next month in D1. I arrive at LHR around 8am and would love to be able to take a shower before heading to a morning meeting.

Will I have access to an arrivals lounge of any variety? I'm a PM and have the version of Priority Pass that an AMEX gets you if that matters at all.

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold
I'm curious as well. I'll be flying PDX-AMS-LHR on a Delta One ticket. (KLM metal codeshare AMS-LHR)
Old May 21, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Check the wiki in the Flying to London thread.

Your other option is to shower during your layover in AMS. Just be sure to put your name on the waiting list as soon as you reach the lounge.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:40 pm

Couldn't find a good answer in that thread, expecially updated info since T3 arrivals lounge opened (and what effect it had on the Yotel deal at T4) and factor of coming in from AMS on KLM codeshare.
Old May 21, 2015, 10:48 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by Asquared1
Couldn't find a good answer in that thread, expecially updated info since T3 arrivals lounge opened (and what effect it had on the Yotel deal at T4) and factor of coming in from AMS on KLM codeshare.
You will definitely be arriving at T4 if traveling KLM AMS-LHR. (unless something has changed recently)
Old May 22, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
I am sitting here in the lounge and just asked the attendant the question for you....

She said yes - All arriving pax in BE are eligible for entry.

If you just present you arriving boarding pass, they will let you in.

The showers here are really nice, BTW. It's a very pleasant and civilised place.

TFD
Old May 22, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
You will definitely be arriving at T4 if traveling KLM AMS-LHR. (unless something has changed recently)
No, KL still uses T4.

OP would need to take the Heathrow Connect train from T4 to T1/2/3. The DL Arrivals Lounge is outside of the T3 Arrivals area.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold; HH Gold
Great. Thank you very much.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:13 pm

Should I expect any wait for a shower at T3 late morning on a Sunday? It looks like I'll be taking the Connect or Express, so I'll be going through T3 anyhow and it seems like an easier entry on a PDX-AMS-LHR D1 tix than the Yotel at T4.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Should I expect any wait for a shower at T3 late morning on a Sunday? It looks like I'll be taking the Connect or Express, so I'll be going through T3 anyhow and it seems like an easier entry on a PDX-AMS-LHR D1 tix than the Yotel at T4.
Just note the schlep from the HEX/Heathrow Connect is not a short walk up to T3.

The T3 DL Arrivals Lounge closes at 2pm.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:41 am

I would not think so. I arrived on a weekday at prime, early-morning time and was accommodated immediately. It was a fantastic service.

The shower rooms have this great double door thing for complimentary garment pressing. Everyone in my morning business meeting wondered how I looked so polished and refreshed after traveling overnight!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by rwoman
Just note the schlep from the HEX/Heathrow Connect is not a short walk up to T3.

The T3 DL Arrivals Lounge closes at 2pm.
I'll probably give the Yotel a shot before I leave T3, but I have a feeling since I won't fly directly into LHR on the Transatlantic leg that they won't let me in.

Failing that, the walk/refreshed ratio in my mind probably makes it a non-issue to go up to the T4 lounge, though getting there and having a long wait would suck, but that sounds like a good gamble
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:48 am

double post. Mods please delete
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'll probably give the Yotel a shot before I leave T3, but I have a feeling since I won't fly directly into LHR on the Transatlantic leg that they won't let me in.

Failing that, the walk/refreshed ratio in my mind probably makes it a non-issue to go up to the T4 lounge, though getting there and having a long wait would suck, but that sounds like a good gamble
Keep in mind, as you're arriving at LHR T4, you will not have access to the SkyTeam Lounge. The Yotel is a fairly small facility and definitely not a lounge; I'd be surprised if they give access coming off of your AMS flight, but you never know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.