Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does Amex Platinum provide SkyClub lounge access on arrival?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Do most of you use the arrival lounges for "freshening up" or a snack before you go home/work?

I've never actually had to do that but will on a flight in two weeks in ATL where I will have to do both.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by mherdeg
If I fly DL ATL-MSP and hold and hold an AmEx Platinum card, can I access the lounge at MSP using my Platinum card?

The DL rules say

Usually when airlines say "in conjunction with same-day travel" they are okay with you presenting an arriving boarding pass. Is that also true for DL — will the MSP SkyClub be okay with my ATL-MSP boarding pass + Amex Platinum card?
It has always worked for me that way.
Old May 21, 2015, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Tibs
Do most of you use the arrival lounges for "freshening up" or a snack before you go home/work?

I've never actually had to do that but will on a flight in two weeks in ATL where I will have to do both.
Only once in a while. I got lucky a couple of years ago; went to the SkyClub on arrival at BOS and they were sampling Godiva liqueurs.
Old May 21, 2015, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

It depends. If it's on the way, it can be a more pleasant place than the general terminal to get some watt, use the lavatory, or make a phone call. Sometimes if I've forgotten to ask for coffee before landing, I'll stop to get some caffeine.
Old May 21, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Though I should add that with the speed of baggage delivery these days I'm a lot less likely to.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
AMEX Plat SC access: family/guests admitted?

AMEX website shows that AMEX Plat SkyClub access (with same-day DL flight) includes family or 2 guests. Is this information correct? I read that actual SkyClub membership now does not include family or guests, so I feel skeptical that AMEX Plat access would include it.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with this? Thank you!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
You can, use it for the restroom all the time post flight. Cleaner then most airport restrooms.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Totoro
AMEX website shows that AMEX Plat SkyClub access (with same-day DL flight) includes family or 2 guests. Is this information correct? I read that actual SkyClub membership now does not include family or guests, so I feel skeptical that AMEX Plat access would include it.

You can bring up to 2 guests, but you will have to pay $29/each for them (the same as Sky Club individual members). It sounds like you found an old copy of the rules somewhere. Are you sure you saw this on the actual Amex website? Here are the current ones that I found from the Amex website --

Airport Club Access Program
The Platinum Member must present his or her valid Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club agents. Code-share and affiliated lounge agreements may not apply to provide complimentary club access in all cases. Age requirements and policies for admittance to airport club lounges vary by airline and location. Card Members must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating airport clubs. For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit Delta.com/skyclub.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ccess/platinum

and from Delta

"Customers with select Platinum American Express credit cards may access Delta Sky Clubs when traveling on a same-day Delta operated flight (does not include Delta SkyMiles co-branded American Express Platinum Card). Platinum American Express cardholders may enter the club with up to two guests for an additional fee."

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html

Perhaps you are confusing the DL Sky Club access terms with the Airspace or Amex Centurion lounge access (which allows either 2 guests or family for free).

Last edited by xliioper; Aug 30, 2015 at 7:56 am
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
You can bring up to 2 guests, but you will have to pay $29/each for them (the same as Sky Club individual members). It sounds like you found an old copy of the rules somewhere. Are you sure you saw this on the actual Amex website? Here are the current ones that I found from the Amex website --

Airport Club Access Program
The Platinum Member must present his or her valid Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club agents. Code-share and affiliated lounge agreements may not apply to provide complimentary club access in all cases. Age requirements and policies for admittance to airport club lounges vary by airline and location. Card Members must adhere to all house rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating airport clubs. For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit Delta.com/skyclub.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ccess/platinum

and from Delta

"Customers with select Platinum American Express credit cards may access Delta Sky Clubs when traveling on a same-day Delta operated flight (does not include Delta SkyMiles co-branded American Express Platinum Card). Platinum American Express cardholders may enter the club with up to two guests for an additional fee."

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html

Perhaps you are confusing the DL Sky Club access terms with the Airspace or Amex Centurion lounge access (which allows either 2 guests or family for free).
This says that you can bring up to two guests into a SC for an additional fee. It doesn't say that you can bring the whole family for additional fees.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver

I don't know what the rules say but I've done it several times with no problem.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Scott H
I don't know what the rules say but I've done it several times with no problem.
The requirement is stated in terms of same day flights, not using the lounge *before* such flights. Of course, this assumes that airport security permits you to get to the door of the SC.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Totoro

As others have stated, there is a $29 fee per guest. Note that Amex will apply this toward your $200 airline fee spend if you have selected DL as your airline, so in that sense, you can think of it as being able to bring in up to 6 guests free per year. Also, it you had intended to use the airline fee program for something else, it is good to be aware that this will in fact trigger than benefit.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
As others have stated, there is a $29 fee per guest. Note that Amex will apply this toward your $200 airline fee spend if you have selected DL as your airline, so in that sense, you can think of it as being able to bring in up to 6 guests free per year. Also, it you had intended to use the airline fee program for something else, it is good to be aware that this will in fact trigger than benefit.
$29 X 7 = $203, so seven guests are almost free.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I just received an offer in the mail to upgrade to the Platinum Delta SkyMiles CC. I believe this is the card the we are talking about here on this thread. It may be worth for me to upgrade if I can get access to the Delta SC.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eddie98
I just received an offer in the mail to upgrade to the Platinum Delta SkyMiles CC. I believe this is the card the we are talking about here on this thread. It may be worth for me to upgrade if I can get access to the Delta SC.
Nope, different card. We are talking about the unbranded Platinum AMEX which has a $450 annual fee. The $195/year Platinum Delta Skymiles AMEX card does not provide complimentary DL Sky Club access (you only get discounted $29 per entrance access). You either need the unbranded Platinum AMEX or the Delta Reserve AMEX card (also $450/year) in order to get complimentary Sky Club access (with $29/guest for up to 2 guests).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.