Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any sympathy to avoid change fees?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by prelude410
Thank you all so much! I called and the guy was great! I am back home now and I am sure it was beneficial bc my TUL>ATL flight had like 20 people on it. Ryan at DM desk was more than accommodating. Thank you all again!
Did they wave the fee?
Old May 4, 2015, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President Circle
Originally Posted by Esltroy
Did they wave the fee?
They sure did!
Old May 4, 2015, 9:01 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Esltroy
Did they wave the fee?
They sure did!
Yay!!!

Yet, another FlyerTalk success story!!

Old May 4, 2015, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by thoiboi
agreed! Gotta love the DM desk people. I wish there were digital JWD's to give them.
Or get their name and write an actual letter to Delta praising them.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sethb
Or get their name and write an actual letter to Delta praising them.
Just say that the agent was great. Don't give details of them breaking the rules by waiving fees.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:45 pm

They sure did!
That is one small piece of good news.
I hope your child is doing better too...
Old May 5, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by davetravels
Yay!!!

Yet, another FlyerTalk success story!!

^

It has been my experience that DL employees closer to the customer interface typically have a very good sense of customer service.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:30 pm

Thank you all so much! I called and the guy was great! I am back home now and I am sure it was beneficial bc my TUL>ATL flight had like 20 people on it. Ryan at DM desk was more than accommodating. Thank you all again!
Glad to hear it! ^

As others have said, and I've experienced - these situations are when loyalty, service and true colors of people and an airline matter and shine - also this community for fast, accurate, helpful and compassionate advice.
(http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l-reasons.html)
Old May 5, 2015, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Just say that the agent was great. Don't give details of them breaking the rules by waiving fees.
Waiving the fees isn't breaking the rules. But the praise should be for the good service, kindness, helpfulness, etc.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
It's when DL does stuff like this that Mrs. TrojanTraveler and I are reminded of one of the reasons we have brought so much business to DL over the many years.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
It's when DL does stuff like this that Mrs. TrojanTraveler and I are reminded of one of the reasons we have brought so much business to DL over the many years.
I've had DL waive the change fee twice. Both were my fault. DL being human is one of the reasons I fly them. I pay about 1500-2000/yr in change fees, so it's not like they aren't already killing it on change fees from me.

Once, years ago, I booked on the wrong dates (a week off of the dates I wanted), but I noticed it way in advance. Second time was this week when I got to the airport and realized I had forgotten my wallet at home. I called them while I drove home and not only did they waive the fee, but they tried to find me a destination closer to where I was going (MGM) since all the (2) ATL-MGM flights were sold out that afternoon/eve. Ended up going to ATL and renting a car. I did pay a fare difference, but I was ok with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.