Delta Is Getting New Uniforms

Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by boeingATL
I don't see how the colors relate to anything Delta. In general, looks like a doorman's uniform the mid price apartment building. Sorry.
I have yet to see them in person, but I have to agree with boeingATL: doorman or maybe an Amtrak uniform. Kudos to Dustin though a good sport; definitely taking one for the team.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP
The funny thing is the new AA uniforms looked really blech and bland in the mock-ups and promo photos.

They look terrific in person. I couldn't have been more blown away by how professional they looked on 4 AA flights I took six weeks ago.

The new DL uniforms looked - different, but interesting, in the mock-ups. They look awful, in person.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
I don't see how the colors relate to anything Delta. In general, looks like a doorman's uniform the mid price apartment building. Sorry.
Doorman uniform was completely my first thought too. Really not a great FA uniform, for the gents at least.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
^ I was gonna say Bellhop.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
They are an absolute abortion... they are as ugly as they come and the male uniform looks like a doorman or bell hop uniform.

In talking with the FA this morning this before my flight, the over whelming opinion amoung both crew and customers so far has been the same. No one one likes it...

This is just blatantly not true. Some don't like it and complain very loudly (that is always the case). Look at how they complained before the AA rollout. I can show you literally thousands of positive comments.
Attached Images   
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:56 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by northwesterner
The funny thing is the new AA uniforms looked really blech and bland in the mock-ups and promo photos.

They look terrific in person. I couldn't have been more blown away by how professional they looked on 4 AA flights I took six weeks ago.

The new DL uniforms looked - different, but interesting, in the mock-ups. They look awful, in person.

Clearly you seen outliers, the good of AA (as most don't look good at all, professional at most), granted with a basic dark grey suit if your built decent you can always get by if that's what your aiming for. And the bad ones at Delta (most look really good-especially female). I think people just like the basic silhouette of a generic male suit (boring)....one more reason America will always lag behind MODERN international brands. Delta is trying to be on the level of Virgin Atlantic (albeit with a lot more constraints on body types), I think they could or should care less how AA looks if they want that look no need for a designer go to your local IDK Express store for men and get a basic suit. They have a year to work out the final design are we all forgetting American's initial uniform design?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Lawandorder
I can show you literally thousands of positive comments.
Ok...let's see them.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
On my recent flight SFO-ATL (on the A330 in F!) one of the F/A's was wearing the new uniform with purse. Another F/A made an announcement and then the F/A in the new uniform did a fun and sassy walk around the whole a/c showing it off. This was right before take off so everyone was seated and able to watch her. It was fun and she looked fantastic. Sorry the pic quality is not the greatest.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:03 am

Ok...let's see them.

I wont do all the work for you but I will give you 4 Instagram pages to start that'll give you atleast 200. Then you can search either on IG or Facebook #zacposen and you will see plenty of customers who have taken pictures and complimented them. I get it they may not be your taste but they way they were designed.....they make a majority of body types look good. The only issue is fit (running big), which they have a year to get that right. You can't please everybody, that's fashion they are flight attendants and gate agents, they should not blend in with a regular business traveler.
Attached Images     
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta PM
I wont do all the work for you but I will give you 4 Instagram pages to start that'll give you atleast 200. Then you can search either on IG or Facebook #zacposen and you will see plenty of customers who have taken pictures and complimented them. I get it they may not be your taste but they way they were designed.....they make a majority of body types look good. The only issue is fit (running big), which they have a year to get that right. You can't please everybody, that's fashion they are flight attendants and gate agents, they should not blend in with a regular business traveler.
I like them. They look classy
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
I wont do all the work for you but I will give you 4 Instagram pages to start that'll give you atleast 200. Then you can search either on IG or Facebook #zacposen and you will see plenty of customers who have taken pictures and complimented them
If I were an employee being ask to model the inform I would have to say I like them too....what do you expect them to say?

They are ugly and I stick by comments in conversation with the employees. They think they are ugly...

What is your skin in the game?

Last edited by longing4piedmont; Jan 20, 2017 at 11:16 am
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
If I were an employee being ask to model the inform I would have to say I like them too....what do you expect them to say?

They are ugly and I stick by comments in conversation with the employees. They think they are ugly...

I really liked the uniform when I saw it in person (picture posted upthread).
Old Jan 20, 2017, 3:21 pm

I love the uniforms. It seems so far to me that the employees who hate them the most are also the ones who don't even wear the current uniforms correctly. I think there's a correlation. Lack of attention to detail and lack of pride in one's appearance will happen no matter what the uniform is. They can't/won't wear the current uniform with pride. They definitely won't wear the new uniform with pride. Just my opinion. There are some valid objections that I agree with, but those are likely already being worked on according to the wear testers.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:00 pm

You spoke to a group of employees WOW......that definitely represents everyone. Employees had to apply to be wear testers before they even knew the design. They can say good or bad things, that's the purpose to get their feedback and others. Ugly is relative, our taste/style may be different. For instance Delta current red wrap dress (that Im pretty sure your test sample love) is horrible off the rack. You have to either get it tailored to the GODS or have enough body to fill it out, and the material is sooooooooooooo CHEAP. The styling and form is so far ahead of the current uniform, the dresses are fitted yet comfortable. I think the design could be changed to the red or maroon or whatever basic color the naysayers want and it still will be amazing
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
The ladies uniforms are actually quite nice. But the men's jackets are horrifying. Looks like some sort of soviet army dress uniform.

And purple? PURPLE? This is Delta. Big BLUE delta. It's criminally off-brand for such a recognizable American company.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.