Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed & Pre-Check?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Question Same Day Confirmed & Pre-Check?

I need a quick answer and don't have time to search. Sorry in advance for that.

I rarely change my originally booked flights.

If I have already checked-in for my return flight and have Pre-Check:

1) Will I lose it if I same-day confirm on to an earlier flight and print a new boarding pass?

or

2) Can I use my BP for my originally booked flight (stored in Passbook on my iPhone) and just get a BP for the new flight at the Sky Club--once through security?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:35 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
The answer to your first question: You might lose PC, especially if you do not have a known traveler number, but IME, you usually do not lose PC.

The answer to your second question: So long as you SDC to an earlier flight, using the other BP is not an issue.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJKatl
The answer to your first question: You might lose PC, especially if you do not have a known traveler number, but IME, you usually do not lose PC.

The answer to your second question: So long as you SDC to an earlier flight, using the other BP is not an issue.
Thanks so much. I do have a Known Traveler Number (Global Entry) and am going on an earlier flight.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by atl runner
Thanks so much. I do have a Known Traveler Number (Global Entry) and am going on an earlier flight.
Then you should not have an issue. I have a KTN and do SDC four or five times a month and have only missed PC once. I didn't realize until the BP only got one beep. (That's how close the first screener looks when you walk through with confidence!) I apologized, letting the TSA Agent know I had just switched flights. He asked if I had the BP for my original flight. It was still on my phone, I pulled it up and went through.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:25 am
Original Poster

My original BP worked fine at security, and I have Pre-Check on the BP of the new flight, not that I now need it. Sitting in the very nice BOS SC--and just watched the plane I'll be on arrive at the gate!

Thanks again.^
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. Hang on to your original BP. You can use that for the checkpoint even if you have changed to another flight.

2. You should not "lose" Pre-Check through a change to your ticket. So long as the KTN and name match, nothing should happen. While it has been said that it can take as long as 72 hours for Pre-Check to "stick", my experience is admittedly anecdotal, but not that. I have purchased new tickets while enroute to the airport and had Pre-Check when completing the ticket issue and purchase 10 minutes later.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:22 am

I've seen Pre-Check fall off BPs. Had a case where I was getting poor reception in PHX at the ticket counter and I was concerned about being able to pull it up on my phone. Did a reprint just in case and the pre-check disappeared on the paper copy. Luckily I was able to get better signal by security and went back to the phone app.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by motytrah
I've seen Pre-Check fall off BPs. Had a case where I was getting poor reception in PHX at the ticket counter and I was concerned about being able to pull it up on my phone. Did a reprint just in case and the pre-check disappeared on the paper copy. Luckily I was able to get better signal by security and went back to the phone app.
I've seen this but not because of any issue with PreCheck itself but rather the printers they use at some of the ticket counters (incapable of printing the pre-check aspect?) but found that re-printing at a kiosk has always brought it back.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I have never lost Pre when doing SDC. But, I do screenshot my mobile BPs and the certainly can be used as a backup for TSA, so long as you are not past the flight time.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:43 pm

The Passbook app on the iphone stores BPs from multiple airlines, hotel reservations etc. and does not require an internet connection as the data is stored on your phone.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by flyerslc
The Passbook app on the iphone stores BPs from multiple airlines, hotel reservations etc. and does not require an internet connection as the data is stored on your phone.
Yes. Sadly, though, Passbook's functionality is terribly limited on any system other than iOS.

Screenshots give me the same functionality for BPs, albeit in a far less packaged way. I cannot figure out, though, why the Fly Delta app does not just allow BPs to be accessed offline. It seems that the data does reside locally based on a) how quickly they load once the login process is complete and b) how you must generate and "download" the mobile BP even after checking in on a computer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.