Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First SEA was dropped for premium transcon. Now SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)

A few months back, they dropped SEA as a premium market for transcon service for routes from JFK reverting it regular first class service. This left only SFO and LAX as the routes offering Business Elite / Delta One service.

Are they considering dropping SFO-JFK as a Delta One market, reverting it to regular first class?

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...delta-one.html

"You’ll find Delta One on all long-haul international flights and all cross-country flights between JFK and LAX."
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: DL GM
Keep climbing™
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
I doubt that's the case as once the last of the 18 75Es has become a 75S around the end of May, and with another five ex-Shanghai Airlines aircraft to join the fleet as 75Ss during the summer, there certainly won't be a shortage of aircraft necessitating a swap to a non-Delta One equipped one. But inevitably it could happen!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:45 am

Since Delta appears to be trying to keep N711ZX on JFK-SFO with the occasional JFK-SEA there is one round trip per day that isn't on a converted plane so this advertising is more honest
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Since Delta appears to be trying to keep N711ZX on JFK-SFO with the occasional JFK-SEA there is one round trip per day that isn't on a converted plane so this advertising is more honest
Why isn't the whole false-advertising crowd singing DL's praises on this one?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Why isn't the whole false-advertising crowd singing DL's praises on this one?
They are all stuck in the non-SkyPriority line with the Golds.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Until it goes into mods later this week!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by naranjero
Keep climbing™
if it doesn't make financial sense, like Seattle, then bye bye.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by audidudi
I doubt that's the case as once the last of the 18 75Es has become a 75S around the end of May, and with another five ex-Shanghai Airlines aircraft to join the fleet as 75Ss during the summer, there certainly won't be a shortage of aircraft necessitating a swap to a non-Delta One equipped one. But inevitably it could happen!
Source for the 5 Shanghai 757's to become 75S's?

If in fact that's the case, then what 5 or so new routes (plus the ex SEA 75S's) will see a flatbed 757?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
5 new jets doesn't necessarily equal 5 new routes ... added frequencies or equipment swaps, possibly

personally I'd like to see at least one of 'em replacing a 738/739 on JFK<-->SEA but I am not holding my breath
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jrl767
5 new jets doesn't necessarily equal 5 new routes ... added frequencies or equipment swaps, possibly

personally I'd like to see at least one of 'em replacing a 738/739 on JFK<-->SEA but I am not holding my breath
Thanks for clarifying for me, that's what I meant
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Source for the 5 Shanghai 757's to become 75S's?
It's unlikely there will be a press release or 8-K filing. In the context of 1200 Delta mainline + DL Connection aircraft, the configuration of five used 757s just isn't material. That DL is acquiring them has been disclosed.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
It's unlikely there will be a press release or 8-K filing. In the context of 1200 Delta mainline + DL Connection aircraft, the configuration of five used 757s just isn't material. That DL is acquiring them has been disclosed.
that's very true. Hopefully, this will spell the end of, or at least substantially reduce, the need to sub a domestic 757 on premium transcons.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
When I got off a flight at SFO, I noticed that the same aircraft that I had arrived on was being used for the red-eye to JFK. It was a domestically configured 757. I would've been kind of bummed if I had paid a premium for what I thought would've been a couple hour's of shut-eye in a flat-bed seat on DeltaOne.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767

apparently they are adding a JFK<-->PDX turn (depart JFK 0800, depart PDX 1155) with a 75S in July ... I will need to look into this further, since the DCA<-->JFK connection works in both directions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.