Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First SEA was dropped for premium transcon. Now SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First SEA was dropped for premium transcon. Now SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer;24725823Are they considering dropping SFO-JFK as a Delta One market, reverting it to regular first class?

[url
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/onboard-experience/delta-one.html[/url]

"You’ll find Delta One on all long-haul international flights and all cross-country flights between JFK and LAX."
I think Delta still sees JFK and SFO as a premium market, however, with peak summer season coming up and more premium international routes, I'm guessing they are dropping the service guarantee tentatively.

While it doesn't indicate so on the website, I'd hope that means the return of unlimited domestic upgrade on domestic 757 between SFO-JFK.

Jiburi

As to SEA, we only see average of 4 nonstop daily, but only 1 or 2 Lieflat 757. On some days, we only see 1 757 with all remaining flights being 737. Service reliability is very irregular.

Last edited by jiburi; Apr 27, 2015 at 10:57 am
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I am not particularly looking forward to 2x/monthly JFK<-->SEA trips on 738/739 equipment ... I've already bought a couple K fares on redeye flights for next month because I could confirm the mileage upgrades (unlike the last couple years, when I was only making about 4-5 RTs a year, I don't need the SDC flexibility or the additional MQMs from G/A/P fares) ... we'll just have to see how the rest of the year shakes out
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
apparently they are adding a JFK<-->PDX turn (depart JFK 0800, depart PDX 1155) with a 75S in July ... I will need to look into this further, since the DCA<-->JFK connection works in both directions
Looks like it starts July 1st and runs daily with the exception of Saturday's, Tuesday's and some Thursdays.

Also, it looks like the flatbed on JFK - PDX ends on August 7th

Last edited by DL2SXM; Apr 27, 2015 at 11:20 am
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
that will get me perhaps 3 or 4 opportunities if I can get the rest of my calendar to work out satisfactorily ...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Kryptonium Medallion, Hilton HHonors Diamond
I'm a bit confused; how do you know that there is no more DeltaOne service being offered from SEA? BTW; I was always under the impression that not EVERY transcon flight was BE/D1 anyway; only one or two of them.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JulienMSP
I'm a bit confused; how do you know that there is no more DeltaOne service being offered from SEA? BTW; I was always under the impression that not EVERY transcon flight was BE/D1 anyway; only one or two of them.
JFK-SEA has never been advertised as a DeltaOne route. It was formally listed as a BE route, but when they transitioned to DeltaOne, it became a normal domestic F route which is upgrade eligible for all Medallions. When it was a BE route, all flights were designated BE even though it was frequently flown with normal domestic F non-lie flat aircraft.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by JulienMSP
The DL website also mentions LAX as the only D1 destination from JFK.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:40 pm

If delta wants make SFO JFK non premium route, then why is delta building two shower suites in its new SFO sky club?

When I shopped for SFO-JFK flights, delta was (and still is) showing all SFO-JFK flights are operated with 75S with lie flat seat ....

and delta schedule is showing all sea-JFK flights are all operated by 737 or a320 (no flat seat)...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:47 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
PIT/CDG is going flat bed and 7 days a week, compared to, I believe, 5 last summer, so I assume PHL/CDG and the other B752s to Europe as well.

Anything in Asia?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
I know that JFK-PSA-JFK will begin again in June for about 3 months, similar to previous years, and will be operated by the 75S, while last year they used the 75E!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davetravels
PIT/CDG is going flat bed and 7 days a week, compared to, I believe, 5 last summer, so I assume PHL/CDG and the other B752s to Europe as well.

Anything in Asia?
Does DL still have any interport 757's at NRT? I remember seeing a couple when I was there in 2013 but I know they've cut a few markets since then.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Does DL still have any interport 757's at NRT? I remember seeing a couple when I was there in 2013 but I know they've cut a few markets since then.
Absolutely they do! There are currently five ships there...N536US, N538US, N544US, N545US and N546US.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by audidudi
Absolutely they do! There are currently five ships there...N536US, N538US, N544US, N545US and N546US.
Thanks for the info. Seems like a big waste though considering the amount of LCC competition in Asia. If it were that lucrative then UA would stuck it out.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
Silly. It's an enhancement.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Looking at the Delta website this doesn't look like an oversight. I would suspect that LAX will be the only "marketed" Delta One transcontinental route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.