Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

First SEA was dropped for premium transcon. Now SFO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First SEA was dropped for premium transcon. Now SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by number21
Looking at the Delta website this doesn't look like an oversight. I would suspect that LAX will be the only "marketed" Delta One transcontinental route.
... still doesn't explain the fact that all flights between SFO and jfk this summer have been shown as operated with 75S... this is according to the schedule on delta website
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Thanks for the info. Seems like a big waste though considering the amount of LCC competition in Asia. If it were that lucrative then UA would stuck it out.
-UA started overflying NRT long before DL because it's had the SFO hub for ages
-I don't think LCC competition is much of an issue wrt NRT-China/Korea/HK/SE Asia; it's just that maintaining a sub fleet of airplanes that only fly around the region doesn't make financial sense for UA or DL
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:14 am

If SFO-JFK is no longer advertised as a premium route, does that mean the meal service in business class is going to be cut back as well? I am just wondering if the "plated snack" on the sfo-jfk redeye will still be there when I take my sfo-jfk flight redeye in june (in business class)....
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
probably ... SEA-JFK redeye last week was generic domestic F service
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Seems very odd that they would drop JFK-SFO as a D1 route so soon after the splashy March 1 D1 rollout...
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
not really ... this is DL marketing we're (cussing and) discussing here ...
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Originally Posted by davetravels
PIT/CDG is going flat bed and 7 days a week, compared to, I believe, 5 last summer, so I assume PHL/CDG and the other B752s to Europe as well.

Anything in Asia?
Perhaps including the new PHL-LHR?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Seems very odd that they would drop JFK-SFO as a D1 route so soon after the splashy March 1 D1 rollout...
And to comment on my own post, I found the email from March 2 that announced D1, and only JFK-LAX was mentioned there...no mention of JFK-SFO.

And even in the footnote:

1Delta One is available on all long-haul international flights that are 6.5+ hours and all domestic flights between JFK and LAX. Excludes JFK>BOG & JFK>KEF.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:52 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mapboyPHL
Perhaps including the new PHL-LHR?
Checking a random date in July, Delta.com DOES show flat bed service from PHL/LHR on the nonstop.

I didn't realize they started such a flight.

Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
probably ... SEA-JFK redeye last week was generic domestic F service
Was it flown with a 75S ? Or a 737?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

26F 757 ... first time in a loooooooong time that I had an empty seat next to me in F (and there were 3-4 other empty seats up front)
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
Checking a random date in July, Delta.com DOES show flat bed service from PHL/LHR on the nonstop.

I didn't realize they started such a flight.

It was just started within the past week or two. They received the slot from AA/BA who received a mandate in the merger to give up a LHR slot pair for a competitor to fly PHL-LHR.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
... still doesn't explain the fact that all flights between SFO and jfk this summer have been shown as operated with 75S... this is according to the schedule on delta website
It is odd, but the wording on the website does look intentional. Perhaps Delta is going "full" Delta One only on JFK-LAX with more paired down services to other destinations (including SFO). This is only speculation on my side.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
So if DL doesn't consider the SFO-JFK-SFO route as "Delta One" in the front cabin, then can we assume that it becomes a normal flight in terms of all Medallions will appear on the UG list, and one can use an RU, instead of a GU, to be ahead of the "complimentary upgrade" peeps?

Last edited by audidudi; Apr 28, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by audidudi
So if DL doesn't consider the SFO-JFK-SFO route as "Delta One" in the front cabin, then can we assume that it becomes a normal flight in terms of all Medallions will appear on the UG list, and one can use a RU, instead of a GU, to be ahead of the "complimentary upgrade" peeps?
great question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.