Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mainline service on MKE-LGA starting in November 2015. Any other routes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Well I found out that Delta is finally putting mainline service on MKE-LGA starting in November starting with one of the flights on a Boeing 717. It still has five flights listed as I would've thought that 717 flight would make it so that route would cut down to only four daily flights.

I was suspecting that LGA would be cutting down some flights sometime from the RJ's to mainlines to avoid a lot of delays currently at LGA. So if I can take a guess the remaining 15 or so 717's being delivered to Delta will be used to replace many of the RJ flights that currently overuse LGA?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MKEflyer95
Well I found out that Delta is finally putting mainline service on MKE-LGA starting in November starting with one of the flights on a Boeing 717. It still has five flights listed as I would've thought that 717 flight would make it so that route would cut down to only four daily flights.

I was suspecting that LGA would be cutting down some flights sometime from the RJ's to mainlines to avoid a lot of delays currently at LGA. So if I can take a guess the remaining 15 or so 717's being delivered to Delta will be used to replace many of the RJ flights that currently overuse LGA?
You may be right about more 717s out of LGA, but don't expect that to lead to fewer flights. Each one of those LGA flights requires a slot, and each slot is worth money, and if Delta doesn't use the slots, it loses them. So bigger planes will just mean more passengers into the already strained Delta LGA terminals.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
IIRC, use it (80%) or lose it provisions have been proposed but not enacted. But, no, it's hard to imagine DL won't operate something, especially in peak season/days of the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.