Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub Access: Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver, National EC Exec Elite

My wife and I somehow managed to pawn off our little ones for a cross country trip to NY later this week, just the two of us. With my Delta AmEx I can get Skyclub access for $29/pass, but is it worth it? I was told at one time they gave out free visitor passes but is seems those days are long gone.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by notsosimple
My wife and I somehow managed to pawn off our little ones for a cross country trip to NY later this week, just the two of us. With my Delta AmEx I can get Skyclub access for $29/pass, but is it worth it? I was told at one time they gave out free visitor passes but is seems those days are long gone.
For $60 it is probably worth it just keep your expectations low and they will be met
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Haha good point.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Two questions:

1) Are you flying out of JFK
2) How long is your layover?

My most recent was 5 hours and I spent it at the T4 Sky club in JFK. Completely worth the $30. Can't speak about the other Sky Club locations in New York, but as long as you have a pretty decent layover, it's worth it.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Not sure what your travel plans are, but if you're flying into JFK from PDX (looked at your location on your profile) in F, you'll get free SkyClub access in PDX and JFK.

(See "Transcontinental First Class, Delta One or full Y-class passenger: http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-of-terms.html)
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

PDX>JFK. No layover, direct flight. Same on the way back. So it would be either in PDX waiting for our flight or in JFK on the way home.

Also no go on F or Y tickets :/ It was a combo voucher/miles redemption trip for me so we are V class.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Definitely not worth it. Have yourself a couple of nice cocktails in NYC instead.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott PP, National EE
Not worth it at all IMO, but I never have long layovers.

Really only seems convenient if I have to get work done.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
If you plan to drink considerably, then sure, your $29 will go further at the SC than an airport bar (assuming you're sticking to the well drinks and not the Luxury Bar). Otherwise skip it, especially since this is a direct flight and hopefully you're not at the airport very long before your flight.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Also, keep in mind the PDX SkyClub only has beer and wine; state law prohibits then from serving liquor.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Great info, thanks guys. We will be passing.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Passing is a good move.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive

Get a couple of Dead Guy Ale at Rogue in PDX by the DL gates.
Will have a nice buzz and $15 in your wallet.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apodo77
Get a couple of Dead Guy Ale at Rogue in PDX by the DL gates.
Will have a nice buzz and $15 in your wallet.
Eh that is considered local to us. Novelty has worn off. I do forget about the lack of beer outside of the PNW when traveling. Makes me miss home...
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Eh that is considered local to us. Novelty has worn off. I do forget about the lack of beer outside of the PNW when traveling. Makes me miss home...
Lived in PDX for 9 years but been in FL the since last July. Still better than the Miller Lite you can get in the DL Sky Club at PDX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.