Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HND BizE lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
HND BizE lounge?

Hi Folks,

The only thread that I could find on this was from 2011. DL.com says that there is no lounge but I find that hard to believe. For J pax on DL ex-HND, is there a partner or third party lounge?

TFD
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Hi Folks,

The only thread that I could find on this was from 2011. DL.com says that there is no lounge but I find that hard to believe. For J pax on DL ex-HND, is there a partner or third party lounge?

TFD
http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTea...aneda-Airport/
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Thank you. Assume that the JAL lounge is better?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Skyteam lounge listings are often stale/incorrect. I wouldn't take them as definitive.

The Delta lounge finder lists 2 lounges for Delta ONE passengers at HND (see below). It's near the bottom of the listings under "Tokyo-Haneda". Note that you need to be sure to un-select the "Delta Sky Club One-Day Pass Holder" checkbox or only DL Sky Clubs will show up in the lounge finder.

Next to gate 111, 4th floor TIAT Sky Lounge
Between gate 114 and 146, 5th Floor TIAT Lounge Annex
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Thank you. Assume that the JAL lounge is better?
That is the one I used so not sure on the other. There is also a FC lounge which is SWEEET but the J lounge is nice too.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Last tome I flew ex-HND, DL used a 3rd party lounge. Nothing spectacular but it had decent showers and some limited food options. There is a nice observation deck at HND.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
TIAT lounge is the one to use. Not many amenities, but the view is great. Just after passport control above a duty-free shop.

The JL lounge is used for flights operated by other ST members. Off the top of my head, that's AF and KE.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:20 am
Original Poster

UPDATE: My experience today....

Good Morning/Evening Folks,

I am in HND right now just about to board DL580. I checked in at the kiosk since I arrived at the airport before the counter was open (so I did not receive the paper "lounge invitation"). Security was efficient as usual and I cleared that in about 45 seconds. I went to the JAL Lounge and they asked for a boarding pass (not a lounge card) and they explained that they are no longer accepting DL pax but they are accepting all other skyteam J pax. I found this odd. There is actually a sign out in front of the lounge that shows AF, KL, KE, Vietnam, etc... But there is no Delta logo.

Anyway, I headed over to the TIAT lounge and they gave me a hard time about not having the stupid lounge card. They were ready to turn me away but I respectfully but confidently told them the policy and asked them to call their supervisor. 90 seconds later the lounge attendant was filling out a lounge card which she then put in a pile with all of the other ones from the day.

The lounge is good - Better than average food and they actually have a halfway decent Cognac (Camus VSOP). The showers were also good but a little small for my 6'5" frame (ala "Lost in Translation").

I hope that this helps. Thanks to all of you for the info before my trip.

TFD
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I don't think the JL lounge ever accepted DL pax at HND. They do recognize DL STE pax flying on the aforementioned ST airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.