Delta gives my ticket to someone else.

Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Wow, the OP has a legitimate complaint. What a bunch of trolls to mock him/her just because they didn't verbalize it perfectly.

The fare difference on a 1-way ticket between those two cities is going to be at least $200. A special upgrade maybe would go for $129-$159 on the Delta app. The guy who took the OP's upgrade stole that value from the OP.

With that said, I don't understand all the confusion. It was your seat and if you had verbalized it correctly, the GA and/or FA would definitely have been just as up in arms as you. Next time I would be as direct as possible and say basically this guy is sitting in my seat. Your problem was bringing up the 29C and 30B (or whatever) repeatedly. Tell the GA, the FA, the Pilot and anyone that will listen that the first class seat is yours and don't bring up any other row. They stole that from you, which is the absolute truth.

As for those who mocked the OP, I agree with others that they would have lost their mind if this had happened to them. It's easy to mock behind our screens.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:33 pm

Programs: WN or DL; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
Read the post again - it was on his phone.
That's exactly what I said........"the only thing he had showing 1A was on his phone."

Originally Posted by Delta Hog
From my read of the story he had no such boarding pass. He was sitting in 30C when the GA came onto the plane and pulled 29C into first class. (My first doubt.....when do GA's come onto planes to do upgrades?) He later says the only thing he had showing 1A was on his phone. He had no paper showing 1A. But by that time the FA was having none of it.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
That's exactly what I said........"the only thing he had showing 1A was on his phone."
Oops sorry, my reading comprehension off. Much too late ...

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Apr 20, 2015 at 5:39 am
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:59 am

My first thought is..if you use the term "stewardess" you cannot be a frequent flier. And I truly cannot believe anyone would get worked up over a situation like this. Life is short. Rearrange some priorities.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by PiedmontFH227
My first thought is..if you use the term "stewardess" you cannot be a frequent flier. And I truly cannot believe anyone would get worked up over a situation like this. Life is short. Rearrange some priorities.
Don't feed the trolls. Don't feed the trolls.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by Esltroy
Don't feed the trolls. Don't feed the trolls.
I've only been posting on FT for a few months now, but there is a clear pattern in which your posts bash those who defend anything related to Delta. You are the same as the Delta homers, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. These types of posts bring nothing of substance to this forum.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by PiedmontFH227
This adds nothing to the discussion. I will call them out. Sorry if it offends.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:26 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Navig8R
I've only been posting on FT for a few months now, but there is a clear pattern in which your posts bash those who defend anything related to Delta. You are the same as the Delta homers, just on the opposite end of the spectrum. These types of posts bring nothing of substance to this forum.
Second this!!

Advice to OP:

In terms of the issue at hand. File a complaint at the stewardess. Mention that a gesture of good faith would be appropriate. And you will continue your loyalty towards Delta, as both you and customer service would hope this was a one time fluke.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 3:27 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Esltroy
This adds nothing to the discussion. I will call them out. Sorry if it offends.
And you're good. Just sometimes this forum ends up being unproductive when we get into these types of convos.

Everyone has their taste for what a forum should allow. You are completely in line.

Your opinions are just as valid as our criticism. No harsh feelings bro. ^
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Well, my mind is completely changed thanks to this story from a well respected, global publication. Thank you for opening my eyes.
So... You disagree with their journalism? Is the story that unbelievable? Or, in order to dismiss something that doesn't fit your terribly narrow and obtuse world-view, you question the credibility of the source in an act of derision... How's my aim? Close?

People threaten to call the police for insanely mundane things. Because she was a FA doesn't automatically grant her a level of holiness and piety that would preclude from using poor judgment and/or being of questionable intelligence.

Assuming the OP is misrepresenting the facts would invalidate every single post on this website. The story told sounded fairly cut and dry, and due to previous experience, most of us have been party to an unruly FA at some point in our history of flying the friendly skies. Thus, hearing of a FA fudging the rules and performing their duties poorly is an entirely believable circumstance to most frequent FT's.

But hey, keep on keepin' on.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: DM/3MM
You are the same as the Delta homers
I had to look that up...learned something new.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:45 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye
So... You disagree with their journalism? Is the story that unbelievable? Or, in order to dismiss something that doesn't fit your terribly narrow and obtuse world-view, you question the credibility of the source in an act of derision... How's my aim? Close?
Bingo +1
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by bergamini
What a bunch of trolls to mock him/her just because they didn't verbalize it perfectly.
Originally Posted by bergamini
if you had verbalized it correctly, the GA and/or FA would definitely have been just as up in arms as you.

Just saying. . . .
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:13 pm

Hate the header of this thread....Your seat was taken not your ticket. << Delta gives my ticket to someone else>>
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
Hate the header of this thread....Your seat was taken not your ticket. << Delta gives my ticket to someone else>>
He literally meant the new BP was given to the wrong person after he has boarded. I have on many occasions witnessed GA / FA coming to the back and pull someone up to the front even after the passenger has settled down.

The GA happened to passed the new BP to the wrong pax (missed by a row).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.