Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta gives my ticket to someone else.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by Vegasmusician
This is a great suggestion. Taking upgrade out of the equation eliminates confusing the FA and gets straight to the point, assuming the OP did indeed have a BP with a FC seat assignment.
From my read of the story he had no such boarding pass. He was sitting in 30C when the GA came onto the plane and pulled 29C into first class. (My first doubt.....when do GA's come onto planes to do upgrades?) He later says the only thing he had showing 1A was on his phone. He had no paper showing 1A. But by that time the FA was having none of it.

Maybe he and the guy in 29C had the same name? No one has suggested that.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
From my read of the story he had no such boarding pass. He was sitting in 30C when the GA came onto the plane and pulled 29C into first class. (My first doubt.....when do GA's come onto planes to do upgrades?) He later says the only thing he had showing 1A was on his phone. He had no paper showing 1A. But by that time the FA was having none of it.

Maybe he and the guy in 29C had the same name? No one has suggested that.
So you don't believe the OP's story? I do. DL has some really bad apples among a mostly wonderful orchard. As I said earlier it's rare to get a bad DL employee but when you do they are really bad. A passenger with the same name as you sitting right in front of you? You are really digging now.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
The passenger who took his seat is in the wrong.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by eajusa
The passenger who took his seat is in the wrong.
And so is the GA who would not listen. My take away from this is to just keep talk to a minimum in boarding. "He is sitting in my seat." Could you help me?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by urengoy
Of course I complained in airport but they offered me 2500 miles and told me to contact Delta.
Did you contact Delta CS and what was their response?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 2:55 am

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Something similar happened to my wife. She had aisle, window was occupied by woman with service animal. Man with middle seat boards and complains about sitting next to animal. My wife, being gracious, offers to take middle seat. Problem solved. About that time GA boards the plane with UG for my wife, but gives it to guy in her seat. He bolts for the front, but GA is puzzled by a female name. Guy realizes he's caught, but still being gracious, wife lets him have UG. Ok, I wouldn't have been so gracious. She's a better person than I, but that's why she's stayed with me for 45+ years.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:02 am

One time I had a standby passenger with the exact same first & last name as a paying passenger. I gave the revenue passenger's seat to the standby by accident. I used to ask to see their boarding pass, but now I also confirm BOTH the name AND confirmation number on the passenger's current boarding pass and new one.

When I upgrade on the plane: "Good morning, Mr. Anderson. A first class passenger who checked in didn't show for this flight. You're first on the upgrade list, can I see your current boarding pass, please?" (Verifying first name, last name, and confirmation numbers match.) Then I thank the passenger and walk off.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I would have told her to go ahead and call the police. It's illegal to leave with an inaccurate passenger manifest. For the most part DL has very good flight attendants. But when you run into a bad one they are usually really bad. I had an awful one on DCA-ATL. She had an attitude and was telling people to put their seat backs up when we started the initial descent. I told her that wasn't required until we reach 10,000 feet and she looked at me like I was crazy.
No you are required to do as the crew tell you to. You might not like this but its the law, at least in the USA, land of the free ( unless its one of a million things you are not free to do !!)
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by dgilman
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbashow

THIS! I am sure we are not getting 100% of the story. I don't care HOW bad the FA, this doesn't JUST happen over a seat assignment for which there is a correct boarding pass.

The fact that you guys still don't realize that crazy sh*t happens without provocation amazes me.
No kidding
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
Quote:

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

I would have told her to go ahead and call the police. It's illegal to leave with an inaccurate passenger manifest. For the most part DL has very good flight attendants. But when you run into a bad one they are usually really bad. I had an awful one on DCA-ATL. She had an attitude and was telling people to put their seat backs up when we started the initial descent. I told her that wasn't required until we reach 10,000 feet and she looked at me like I was crazy.

No you are required to do as the crew tell you to. You might not like this but its the law, at least in the USA, land of the free ( unless its one of a million things you are not free to do !!)
Heaven forbid you should want to play online poker for example.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: AADULtArer
She had an attitude and was telling people to put their seat backs up when we started the initial descent. I told her that wasn't required until we reach 10,000 feet and she looked at me like I was crazy.
When the crew instructs you on a safety item, you are required to comply, regardless of your "knowledge " of regs.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Navig8R
This is funny, considering your very first post in this thread suggests that you know exactly how everyone would've acted if we were the OP. Also, narcissism is an interesting term to use in this situation. Not sure it really applies, but ok.

I am purely going off of the information the OP provided and from what others have said, this should have been a pretty easy mix-up to have remedied. The fact that the FA's even mentioned police leads me to believe that there is more to the story. That is my opinion, which is the whole point of message boards in the first place.
You're right, Navig8r, no one would ever call the police for frivolous reasons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-arrested.html

The FA was garbage and the whole situation was child's play.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by droidcore
I just couldn't ever see myself letting this happen. Cowboy up.
^+10
cowboy up? priceless!!! and yes, if 1A is on the phone, then 1A is where you seat
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye
You're right, Navig8r, no one would ever call the police for frivolous reasons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-arrested.html
Well, my mind is completely changed thanks to this story from a well respected, global publication. Thank you for opening my eyes.

The FA was garbage and the whole situation was child's play.
Wow.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
im surprised that we havent heard the S word yet. Surely, the person that got the upgrade must have been a... dare I say it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.