Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta gives my ticket to someone else.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:08 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I would have told her to go ahead and call the police. It's illegal to leave with an inaccurate passenger manifest.
You think the cops care about the passenger manifest? Even if what the OP stated is 100% true, the cops will arrest and remove him for causing a problem on the aircraft. So if that's worth it to you or the OP in the future, by all means, bring law enforcement into the picture.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:33 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Navig8R
You think the cops care about the passenger manifest?
Non-upgraded pax: Hello, 911 dispatcher? Call up Delta Airines IMMEDIATELY! Stop flight 1234 to Los Angeles! Arrest the gate agent, purser, pilot, and what da' heck, the head bag handier! The flight is about to leave, and due to a seating mix-up, the flight manifest will not accurately reflect the true seating arrangement!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I would have told her to go ahead and call the police. It's illegal to leave with an inaccurate passenger manifest. For the most part DL has very good flight attendants. But when you run into a bad one they are usually really bad. I had an awful one on DCA-ATL. She had an attitude and was telling people to put their seat backs up when we started the initial descent. I told her that wasn't required until we reach 10,000 feet and she looked at me like I was crazy.

If the police did come, you would be the one removed.

Not a good strategy.

Stewardess = flight attendant in 1960

Making a fuss over this on a DTW-LGA commute won't get much sympathy here, either.

Flagged for merge with sheena thread.

Last edited by LaserSailor; Apr 17, 2015 at 5:43 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
Non-upgraded pax: Hello, 911 dispatcher? Call up Delta Airines IMMEDIATELY! Stop flight 1234 to Los Angeles! Arrest the gate agent, purser, pilot, and what da' heck, the head bag handier! The flight is about to leave, and due to a seating mix-up, the flight manifest will not accurately reflect the true seating arrangement!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
You more than accurately captured the absurdity of daring the FA's to call the police (after conferring with the pilot of course) over a seat assignment. Well done!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: Delta, United
Seriously? Let's ruin the schedule for the rest of the passengers on the plane so someone can get their upgrade? This is an extremely selfish mentality.

BTW, you are only getting one side of the story so the truth is most likely somewhere in the middle, meaning not as bad as it sounds.
You are correct about the one side of the story. However, when threats are made it is no longer about the UG. That bird has flown. It is about calling someone out for abuse of their authority.

So if someone is going to make threats then they can live with the repercussions. Yes, it may delay the plane but it is BS letting the FA/GA get away with such nonsense - so blame the FA/GA not the PAX.

That said, if so asked I would comply with the captain's request to leave the plane …

Last edited by FlyingUnderTheRadar; Apr 17, 2015 at 6:24 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
You lost your seat, not your ticket. Title of thread is confusing.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
You are correct about the one side of the story. However, when threats are made it is no longer about the UG. That bird has flown. It is about calling someone out for abuse of their authority.

So if someone is going to make threats then they can live with the repercussions. Yes, it may delay the plane but it is BS letting the FA/GA get away with such nonsense - so blame the FA/GA not the PAX.

That said, if so asked I would comply with the captain's request to leave the plane …
I definitely agree, but, FA's don't just threaten to call the police over a seemingly mundane seat assignment mix-up. There needs to be some sort of escalation of the situation by the passenger before the FA's hail the popo.

On another note, how about the douche passenger that took an upgrade that wasn't his, and then acted like nothing happened when the OP brought up the issue on the plane? I can't believe the audacity of some people.

Lastly, to the OP, did you show the GA your ID, proving that your name was the one they called? I feel like this situation could have easily been remedied.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:05 am
Original Poster

I definitely agree, but, FA's don't just threaten to call the police over a seemingly mundane seat assignment mix-up. There needs to be some sort of escalation of the situation by the passenger before the FA's hail the popo.

On another note, how about the douche passenger that took an upgrade that wasn't his, and then acted like nothing happened when the OP brought up the issue on the plane? I can't believe the audacity of some people.

Lastly, to the OP, did you show the GA your ID, proving that your name was the one they called? I feel like this situation could have easily been remedied.
I did showed GA my ID and he realized that he made a mistake but then he was trying to kick the wrong guy from 3B back to 29C instead of a*hole in 1A. I told him that he is talking to a wrong guy and then he turned around and just left because they had to close the door.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I echo the sentiment that you should have directly confronted the poacher with your 1A boarding pass and when the FA showed up, showed her the BP and said that person was in your seat - since they had no boarding pass for 1A, they would have been removed and sent back.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by urengoy
I did showed GA my ID and he realized that he made a mistake but then he was trying to kick the wrong guy from 3B back to 29C instead of a*hole in 1A. I told him that he is talking to a wrong guy and then he turned around and just left because they had to close the door.
Gotcha, that stinks. If they were up against the clock getting the plane from the gate, I can understand why they weren't as helpful as you would've liked. It sounds like they were sympathetic though by giving you free wine and a few Sky Pesos. I wouldn't fault Delta too much here, considering the fact you got to meet one of the most in-considerate passengers I've ever heard of.

Last edited by Navig8R; Apr 17, 2015 at 8:19 am
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: DL 1MM Charter DM / Hilton Diamond
Delta gives my ticket to someone else.

You guys crack me up. If it had happened to any of you, I'm sure you would have happily kept quiet and skipped back to coach so as to not delay the flight a few minutes... Suuuure.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Vegasmusician
You guys crack me up. If it had happened to any of you, I'm sure you would have happily kept quiet and skipped back to coach so as to not delay the flight a few minutes... Suuuure.
This.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by droidcore
I just couldn't ever see myself letting this happen. Cowboy up.
I am with you.

Also when your ticket is upgraded at the gate or done after check in the phone, upon scanning your ticket it will generate a quick ticket with revised seat assignment(assuming your using the older ticket). If that didn't happen, then his seat wasn't upgraded.

Also as other stated, go your app on the phone and look it tells you.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM
I definitely agree, but, FA's don't just threaten to call the police over a seemingly mundane seat assignment mix-up. There needs to be some sort of escalation of the situation by the passenger before the FA's hail the popo..
THIS! I am sure we are not getting 100% of the story. I don't care HOW bad the FA, this doesn't JUST happen over a seat assignment for which there is a correct boarding pass.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Vegasmusician
FT is very lucky to have a member that can speak for us and how we would respond in specific situations. Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.