Wiki Posts
Search

Food Pre-Security ATL F?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Gold, Marriot Rewards Platinum
Food Pre-Security ATL F?

Are there any restaurants pre-security in ATL concourse F?

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 6:22 pm

http://www.atlanta-airport.com/Passenger/terminal/
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM
I have gone through the international terminal so many times but have never looked for food until after going through security.

That aside, checking the map that UpgradeMe provided doesn't seem that helpful to me. It looks like there would be one or two potential areas: one in the Departures Level in from of door D1 and one on the Arrivals Level in front of door A1. Per the legend, however, these areas could either be "Shops" or "Restaurants". My guess is that they are Shops where you can buy magazines and at best snacks & bottled drinks.

I would be interested in seeing an actual response from somebody that has paid more attention while in terminal F that can provide a conclusive answer for my future knowledge.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks cre95. I had the same reaction. I was certainly already aware of the ATL website, but aside from the ambiguous designation of Shop or Restaurant I was hoping to narrow it down a bit. So to echo cre95's kind amplification of my original question, does anyone know if there is any sort of restaurant outside security on F (sandwiches out of a cold case in the news stand is not what I'm asking about, although it might be helpful to cre95) and if so would you please tell me the name(s). I'm very familiar with airside F, but not landside. Thanks so much for your consideration and assistance.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Food Pre-Security ATL F?

There's a small store outside security with some packaged snacks and such. But nothing like an actual restaurant until you clear TSA.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:22 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Is there a reason you can't use the main entrance at Terminal T? There are plenty of places to eat there.

Old Apr 17, 2015, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the thought, but yes, actually I think there is a reason for not using T/the Atrium. I'm flying in and out same day for a Global Entry interview, which as I understand it is done pre-security on F. There was a possibility that a friend I haven't seen in quite a while might be able to visit and pre-security F seemed like the best place to do that.

Yes, we could meet in the Atrium, then I go back through security, ride the train out to F (assuming it doesn't break down again), etc., but that would be a few more hoops to jump through. There was at least the intention of some method to my madness.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by RABinMS
Thanks for the thought, but yes, actually I think there is a reason for not using T/the Atrium. I'm flying in and out same day for a Global Entry interview, which as I understand it is done pre-security on F. There was a possibility that a friend I haven't seen in quite a while might be able to visit and pre-security F seemed like the best place to do that.

Yes, we could meet in the Atrium, then I go back through security, ride the train out to F (assuming it doesn't break down again), etc., but that would be a few more hoops to jump through. There was at least the intention of some method to my madness.
I don't remember seeing anything pre security.
You could buy some stuff out and picnic, I think there are plenty of benches in F.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

How long is your layover? If you have the time, you might be better served having your friend pick you up and head somewhere off-airport to eat or grab a drink.

Also, is your departing flight definitely from E/F? Heading to the atrium might actually be a better bet if flying back out domestic, in which case you're more likely to be leaving from A/B/C/D, so not as long of a train ride.

(I'm assuming your order of events is fly in, GE interview, then meet your friend.)
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Delta PM, AA Gold, United Silver, SW A List, Bonvoy Titanium
The snack shop in pre-security F does have some tables and chairs for dine-in. They serve sandwiches and maybe a little more (soups, salads). Think coffee shop style where some of the sandwiches can be heated.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions and info on limited number of tables for dining in F. I'll get in around 11:30 (domestic, not into F), interview at 2:45 and leave (again domestic) around 5:30. The thought was to possibly get in a lunch/visit shortly after arriving. Obviously if that could be done in the immediate vicinity of the interview location the visit could run longer, and even possibly continue post-interview.

For a lot of reasons I don't think leaving the premises would be workable and was thinking more along the lines of my friend taking MARTA to ATL. Sounding like the best option might be to just head to the Atrium on arrival, grab lunch and whatever visit we can before heading back through security and on to F. I seem to recall when F opened that there was a shuttle of some sort circulating between it and the main terminal, but even if so, don't know if it's still operating, how often, etc.

Thanks again for your input.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Removed

Last edited by RABinMS; Apr 17, 2015 at 8:57 am Reason: Duplicate
Old Apr 17, 2015, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for your suggestions. For a lot of reasons I don't think leaving the premises is going to be workable in this situation. I was really thinking more along the lines of my friend taking MARTA to ATL. I get in around 11:30 (domestic, so not into F), interview at 2:45 and leave around 5:30 (again, domestic). The thought was to try to get in a lunch/visit shortly after arrival. If that could be done in the vicinity of the interview location then the visit could possibly continue afterwards as well.

It's sounding like the best approach may be to head to the Atrium when I get in, grab lunch and visit for as long as possible before heading back through security to take the train out to F. Additional visits with my buddies at the TSA weren't high on my to-do list for the day, but may not be avoidable. I also seem to recall that when F opened there was a shuttle of some sort between it and the main terminal, but don't know if that's still operating, how often, etc.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
There is still a domestic-international landside shuttle, but unless you REALLY want to avoid TSA, going back through security will likely be quicker since you will have a departing ticket and can do so.

The other incredibly crazy thing you could do is have your friend get a fully refundable ticket for later that evening, so he can go airside and meet you at One Flew South.

Enjoy your visit!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: DL GM
Thanks for the suggestions and info on limited number of tables for dining in F. I'll get in around 11:30 (domestic, not into F), interview at 2:45 and leave (again domestic) around 5:30. The thought was to possibly get in a lunch/visit shortly after arriving. Obviously if that could be done in the immediate vicinity of the interview location the visit could run longer, and even possibly continue post-interview.

For a lot of reasons I don't think leaving the premises would be workable and was thinking more along the lines of my friend taking MARTA to ATL. Sounding like the best option might be to just head to the Atrium on arrival, grab lunch and whatever visit we can before heading back through security and on to F. I seem to recall when F opened that there was a shuttle of some sort circulating between it and the main terminal, but even if so, don't know if it's still operating, how often, etc.

Thanks again for your input.
Another suggestion: since your interview is scheduled right in the middle of your two flights, you could instead go immediately to the CBP office when you land and politely ask if they could work you in sooner if you waited there. I had my interview somewhat close to the departure time of my international flight, and they were quite nice about working me in sooner without any fuss. That would leave the maximum amount of time to meet somewhere else for a long lunch without the interview in the middle. Can't hurt to ask if you're polite about it- the worst they can say is no.

Keith
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: AA/BA/DL/US Air
Originally Posted by Atlantarita
The snack shop in pre-security F does have some tables and chairs for dine-in. They serve sandwiches and maybe a little more (soups, salads). Think coffee shop style where some of the sandwiches can be heated.
The Pecan Bistro across from escalators is the closest to what you seek.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.