Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Adds Atlanta-Medellin/Cartagena

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Delta Adds Atlanta-Medellin/Cartagena

Starting December 19th, daily to MDE and thrice weekly to CTG.

ATL - MDE 1730 2210 D 73G
MDE - ATL 0740 1254 D 73G

ATL - CTG 0945 1350 W/Sa/Su 73G
CTG - ATL 1450 1910 W/Sa/Su 73G

I'm interested in how CTG does in particular, as it will be the first time a legacy has served CTG in some time.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, DL Plat (but not for long)
Yeah! I've been wanting to do this for a while without having to go on AA or Avianca. Just wish they were starting it sooner.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Happy to see the CTG flights- now I can stay on Skyteam with a reasonable flight, and can schedule that destination independently, instead of when I am already in South America.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GSP flyer
Starting December 19th, daily to MDE and thrice weekly to CTG.

ATL - MDE 1730 2210 D 73G
MDE - ATL 0740 1254 D 73G
Plane stays overnight in MDE?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Plane stays overnight in MDE?
Yes. It's not unusual, especially when you consider flight crew restrictions on hours. It's a nearly 5 hour flight. ATL-CTG is likely a turnaround with that 1 hour time, but it's also about an hour and 10 mins shorter of a flight than ATL-MDE.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I have been wanting to visit MDE. Now I had better get busy booking!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK Elite (*Gold), AA EXP (matched and prob not for long!)
I know this is wishful thinking, but I really hope these flights do very well for DL to one day consider adding JFK-CTG (sort of like how they do both ATL-BOG and JFK-BOG).
Old Apr 6, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by dmorbust
I know this is wishful thinking, but I really hope these flights do very well for DL to one day consider adding JFK-CTG (sort of like how they do both ATL-BOG and JFK-BOG).
They may well. Colombia is one of the few economic success stories in what is a rough neighborhood. KLM is reentering the market (after a 20 year hiatus) with AMS-BOG-CAL service.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Flew CTG round trip. On the way down, I was impressed with printed menus, abbreviated/multi course meals, Delta One wine glasses, amenity kits. The return (no predeparture as is common in Latin stations tax wise), choices were pasta or chicken (no other details at all) and and a one tray service with tiny wine glasses. I wonder why such a huge difference in service. Only thing I can think of is that it is round trip catered but it certainly confuses the pax impression of Delta's premium service on this route.
Old May 1, 2016, 4:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It looks like the plane stays overnight, but I suspect that the crew might not be legal to fly back after the overnight of only about nine and a half hours. Most of the FA positions might use local crew (which seems common on South American routes, but this destination is a smaller city), or I guess they could fly a set of crew down to work the return trip. Normal crew scheduling for longhaul international seems to be to give the crew a full day at the location, but that doesn't look like it would work so well with a Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday schedule. Does anyone know how this will be handled? <I'm just curious.>
Old May 1, 2016, 4:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Flew CTG round trip. On the way down, I was impressed with printed menus, abbreviated/multi course meals, Delta One wine glasses, amenity kits. The return (no predeparture as is common in Latin stations tax wise), choices were pasta or chicken (no other details at all) and and a one tray service with tiny wine glasses. I wonder why such a huge difference in service. Only thing I can think of is that it is round trip catered but it certainly confuses the pax impression of Delta's premium service on this route.
Strange when you think that either the large wine glasses are staying in South America while they're sending small wine glasses to the USA with every flight. Alternatively, why not just cater the flight in the USA or at least send it out with enough glassware for the return trip? Could it have been a catering mistake?
Old May 3, 2016, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Strange when you think that either the large wine glasses are staying in South America while they're sending small wine glasses to the USA with every flight. Alternatively, why not just cater the flight in the USA or at least send it out with enough glassware for the return trip? Could it have been a catering mistake?
I think it was a catering mistake (and crew mistake). The flight attendant didn't realize there were printed menus and only offered two of the three choices it seems until she got to the last two rows and realized her mistake. In fact, she was out of one of the choices after row 1 (because there were three choices and she didn't know).
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:02 pm

Entertainment

Is the in seat entertainment not an option in first class?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rpm911
Is the in seat entertainment not an option in first class?
What do you mean? If the plane has IFE, you should be able to use it, unless there's a technical issue.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
This is suprising with the Venezuelan economy in shambles. I know these routes are mainly US tourists, but does anyone want to go a place that people are saying that its government could collapse.

EDIT: I now remember that Medellin is in Columbia. I confused it with Merida which is in Venezuela.

Last edited by Seby12; Sep 15, 2016 at 7:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.