Voucher Rules/Uses

Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Voucher Rules/Uses

Searched, but didn't find explicit answers to this. Can I use the $500 IDB Voucher to pay for:

1. A First Class upgrade after purchasing a ticket? I'm seeing VERY cheap upgrades to/from MCO these days.

2. Can I use part of the voucher and then use the rest of it another time or is the entire voucher gone after I use some of it once? (i.e. if a ticket is $300, no I have the remaining $200 to use on another ticket or is it gone?)

Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
1- not sure; others will likely have more authoritative info
2- yes, you will see the remaining balance as another voucher
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
1. Yes, I recently did this.
2. Yes, what jrl said above.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
As far as the first class upgrade goes, I think it will depend on how you purchase it. If you are seeing an advertisement to buy up in your reservation this might not give you the option to use a credit, because you will not actually be re-ticketing, just purchasing an upgrade. You can't use ecredits to buy up to C+, for inflight internet or other "trip extras." If you call DL they might be able to process it as a buy-up, but I don't know if the same pricing will be available. Please report back what you able to do.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
I went through the process and it forced me to enter a credit card, so I guess the answer is "no" about using an e-credit to purchase the upgrade after-the-fact.

Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
I went through the process and it forced me to enter a credit card, so I guess the answer is "no" about using an e-credit to purchase the upgrade after-the-fact.

Thanks!
Try calling?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The answer isn't "no" yet. It's that you can't do it online. It's a toll-free call, so call and ask. If it can be done manually, DL may do it for you. If it can't, then it's a "no".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.