Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PANYNJ Lifts Laguardia Perimeter Rule For Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has agreed to lift the restriction that limited routes from New York City's Laguardia Airport to 1,500 nautical miles. This news was especially well received by Atlanta based Delta Air Lines. Delta Air Lines and their regional partners operate more than 200 daily flights from Laguardia. Delta's Director of Human Affairs, Ms. Chastity Dominique Merlot, has been overseeing this project with the Executive Board of the PANYNJ for the past six months. "It's been a long, hard, and exciting ride but we have finally reached the climax of this deal" said Ms. Merlot. Ms. Merlot went on to say that this was more than a "wham, bam, thank you mam" agreement and that she intended to make herself disposable to the Executive Members of the PANYNJ anytime day or night. "It's all about keeping an open relationship with our partners and at the same time keeping expectations reasonable. I would never want to excite them only to have them frustrated and feeling blue in the end" said Ms. Merlot in response to the question of if Delta would be adding more service to Laguardia after the restriction is eliminated.

The good news was celebrated by the Executive Board of the PANYNJ, Ms. Merlot of Delta Air Lines, and New York City mayor Bill de Blasio. The threesome consummated the agreement at the Concourse C Delta Sky Club with 69 onlookers there to cheer them on. Mayor de Blasio stated that he took numerous positions in his tussles with Ms. Merlot but ultimately decided to stand behind her. When asked what she was planning to do next, Ms. Merlot responded that she would like to call upon a coworker in her previous line of work to help American Airlines in lifting the perimeter rule at Reagan National Airport in Washington. She went on to say "Good luck to her though. I'm not sure I could handle all those stiffs in DC".
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: DM/3MM
If there are no caveats, then I assume some LAX and SFO flights will get moved to LGA, due to the large amount of O&D traffic. DL's concourses can barely handle the crowds they have now, wait until more 767s are added.

To make room for those flights/slots, I would think they would reduce (or eliminate) service to cities they serve from LGA now.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:53 am

Exceptions to Perimeter Rule: Saturdays, Denver, and 4/1.

(Nicely done).
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Clue to the reasoning:

What is today's date?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Chastity Dominique Merlot, Director of Human Affairs, is another clue.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:57 am

Actually, lifting the perimeter rule is under active discussion.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:59 am

I can't find a link or news story anywhere, is this a wicked April Fools joke?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

Definitely April fools. Way too much sexual innuendo
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond

BTW, nicely done. Did you get that article from the Wall St Journal?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Chastity Dominique Merlot, Director of Human Affairs, is another clue.
So is misspelling "ma'am", lol.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Cant believe that of all people, TrojanTraveler fell for this... ;-)
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Well done!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:07 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Originally Posted by brandonpkt
Definitely April fools. Way too much sexual innuendo
What? Where?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by oh912flyer
Cant believe that of all people, TrojanTraveler fell for this... ;-)
Nah I didn't fall for it. Just going along

But the local media reported (can't remember, in the past few weeks or so) that there is increasing pressure to eliminate the perimeter rule, along with how slots are divvied up at LGA. Something about the latter expires this year or next and there's no agreement how to move forward.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Bonehead
So is misspelling "ma'am", lol.
DL announcements often contain misspellings. One might even argue that having everything stated clearly with correct spelling and grammar could be taken as evidence that the piece was fake.

"Madam" would have been more in the spirit of this than "mam."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.