Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL1354 - Flat bed seats, yes - But Delta1 service or regular F?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum

Hi Folks,

I am booked in "F" (F fare basis, not C/D/I/J "Business" fare bases) LAX-ATL on DL1354 tomorrow (Mar 30). It shows the standard Delta1 1-2-1 flat bed seat configuration.

Since the flight is not marketed as "Business", will this just be flat bed seats with the standard F service. i.e. no Delta1 duvets, pillows, meals, etc.?

Either way, I was psyched to see this equipment on this flight, especially on a redeye!

TFD
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:31 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Since the flight is not marketed as "Business", will this just be flat bed seats with the standard F service. i.e. no Delta1 duvets, pillows, meals, etc.?
I think you answered your own question!

Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I agree with davetravels, but please let us all know
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Even if it was marketed as "Business" (i.e. your fare basis code was J) it wouldn't matter.

Premium service is only available on a few specific routes - namely JFK-LAX/SFO and a few of the HNL routes.

Internationally equipped aircraft will sometimes serve domestic routes, but the service is the same as all other domestic First Class. Whether the front cabin is coded as First or Business does not matter; if it is coded as Business it is solely because the flight number continues on to an international destination.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by javabytes
Even if it was marketed as "Business" (i.e. your fare basis code was J) it wouldn't matter.

Premium service is only available on a few specific routes - namely JFK-LAX/SFO and a few of the HNL routes.

Internationally equipped aircraft will sometimes serve domestic routes, but the service is the same as all other domestic First Class. Whether the front cabin is coded as First or Business does not matter; if it is coded as Business it is solely because the flight number continues on to an international destination.
Understood. I am hoping for at least a nice pillow. We'll see and I will report back.

TFD
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:20 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Understood. I am hoping for at least a nice pillow. We'll see and I will report back.

TFD
Well, I guess you might find one that the cleaners missed from an earlier flight. Lol!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
No BE duvets/pillows. You'll get the std F pillow and blankets with regular F meals. But flatbeds.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've flown the 777 on domestic routes, including LAX-ATL, and it's just regular FC service with the regular small FC pillow and folded/wrapped red FC blanked on your seat. Even when it's a continuing international flight number (IIRC DL 17 ATL-LAX) and therefore marketed as business class, it's still just regular FC service but with flat beds and the international AVOD in place of GoGo wifi.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Also, if you are up front on any of these redeyes served by the 763s, board early. Coach pax are notorious for grabbing pillows off the seats as they walk by, and FAs don't often have extras. And those flat beds are quite uncomfortable without a pillow.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by javabytes
Also, if you are up front on any of these redeyes served by the 763s, board early. Coach pax are notorious for grabbing pillows off the seats as they walk by, and FAs don't often have extras. And those flat beds are quite uncomfortable without a pillow.
This is sage advice. Sad, but true. The gall of some people is astounding.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:24 pm

I'm flying this route in the lie-flat 763 in a few weeks. ATL->LAX leaving around 5, I'd have thought they would have at least a slightly stepped up dinner service seeing how this is a transcon
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
a relatively long flight from ATL to the west coast is one thing ... marketing of a "premium travel experience" in the JFK-LAX/SFO market is another thing entirely
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
a relatively long flight from ATL to the west coast is one thing ... marketing of a "premium travel experience" in the JFK-LAX/SFO market is another thing entirely
Let's not forget that there's (still) lots of competition on the JFK-LAX/SFO routes.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Hey! LPDAL had WHB on FLL-ATL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.