Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL hardly acknowledging silver medallion anymore?

DL hardly acknowledging silver medallion anymore?

Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by ross11988
Im sliver medallion. Delta acknowledges me well. More then 50%+ of the time I'm upgraded to first class.
I'm jealous of your routes. I've gotten maybe 25% UGs as GM, and more often than not end up 30+ on the list flying out of ATL.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
I'm guessing you all missed the recent press release about FOs being converted to AA's Aadvantage program. Delta has apparently decided to donate them to AA and open up more spots on the "not gonna get an upgrade" list to more GMs and PMs.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FrontRow
I'm guessing you all missed the recent press release about FOs being converted to AA's Aadvantage program. Delta has apparently decided to donate them to AA and open up more spots on the "not gonna get an upgrade" list to more GMs and PMs.
Is AA willing to accept them? The AA (and PMUS equivalent refugees) Golds must be furious.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by jeff191
I'm silver and I get more upgrades than I would have expected. I typically fly to smaller regions from ATL and on the way out, I'm way down the list and the flight's usually oversold. But on the way back, I have a decent shot. My last 2 trips this month I was upgraded on the way back and it was done before I ever even got to the airport. I just see it on the app.

But my brother is a DM and since he's a consultant, he's on the consultant heavy routes and he's usually 20th or 30th on the list. So I think it is route dependent; but if you're silver, you're probably not going to get upgraded on any route where people would actually go to voluntarily. Although I did get upgraded once from PBI to ATL.
That makes sense. Many (but not all) of the routes I fly are elite-heavy.
Still, I basically gave up on upgrades as a perk. They happen so rarely and unreliably that their value to me is very limited.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Silver Medallion is Amex+ (and the + is being generous). I don't expect to be acknowledged much, just give me my Biscoff and that's enough.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.