Search

Thanks, Delta!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:30 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Thanks, Delta!

I was upgraded at the window for the LAX-PHX leg of my trip to Portland.

Just got to LAX and went to board and they called my name to check in at the counter.

The gate agent told me that my seat (4A) was broken and they had to move me to Y.

I wasn't upset or anything as it was only a 50-minute flight home and she apologized like 3 times while she was explaining the situation to me.

She thanked me for being a DM and told me she could give me a $100 travel voucher or 5,000 SkyMiles.

I took the $100 voucher and am happier to receive IT versus sitting in FC for 50 minutes!

I got 5B bulkhead on an E175.

Thanks, Delta, for being so awesome as I didn't expect anything as I am fully aware that ish happens.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I'd certainly be happy with snagging a $100 voucher to be bumped back to Y on a 50 minute flight that I got upgraded on for free! I feel certain that the stockholders who read this forum, are probably breaking out into a sweat and twitching at this post!

Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:42 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by davetravels
I'd certainly be happy with snagging a $100 voucher to be bumped back to Y on a 50 minute flight that I got upgraded on for free!

Hahaha!!! MY POINT EXACCCCTLY!!! ^^
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by davetravels
I feel certain that the stockholders who read this forum, are probably breaking out into a sweat and twitching at this post!

As a former stockholder, not quite! I still prefer to bank my miles with AA, but I feel Delta is still doing a better job in regards to customer satisfaction than other major airlines.

Even if I was a current stockholder, Delta management has proven themselves (in my opinion) in that they know how to handle a legacy airline in the current environment. I don't like a lot of the loyalty program changes from Delta personally, but I'm sure AA will switch to a revenue based system soon enough.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:29 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Lucky...

As a platinum last year, I don't expect anything either but I was the last one upgraded to 3A on A320 but prior to boarding, they called my name again, apologizing that they had to give my seat away to the passenger seated in 1B, as he had a broken F seat. Gave me back my Economy Comfort 5C, and nothing more. I know I didn't expect it, and also didn't get it. BWI-SLC.

Jiburi
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Very nice indeed :-)

Just a bit surprised by the ratio of $$ vs. miles, with what they offered they value the miles at 2 cts a piece. Seems quite hard to achieve this kind of value these days....
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by 355F1
She thanked me for being a DM and told me she could give me a $100 travel voucher or 5,000 SkyMiles.

I took the $100 voucher and am happier to receive IT versus sitting in FC for 50 minutes!

Thanks, Delta, for being so awesome as I didn't expect anything as I am fully aware that ish happens.
^^^ to that DL agent!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by 355F1
I was upgraded at the window for the LAX-PHX leg of my trip to Portland.

Just got to LAX and went to board and they called my name to check in at the counter.

The gate agent told me that my seat (4A) was broken and they had to move me to Y.

I wasn't upset or anything as it was only a 50-minute flight home and she apologized like 3 times while she was explaining the situation to me.

Further proof that the old saying about honey and vinegar is true.

Mike
Old Mar 30, 2015, 1:13 pm

Similar experience SJC-LAX. Upgraded then sent back because of broken seat. Took the $100. Wonder if it was the same aircraft?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by jiburi
As a platinum last year, I don't expect anything either but I was the last one upgraded to 3A on A320 but prior to boarding, they called my name again, apologizing that they had to give my seat away to the passenger seated in 1B, as he had a broken F seat. Gave me back my Economy Comfort 5C, and nothing more. I know I didn't expect it, and also didn't get it. BWI-SLC.

Jiburi

You were lucky. This happened to me once - only they had already given away my EC bulkhead aisle seat and instead put me on a window way in the back. I was not happy. They wouldn't switch out the person that took my original seat either.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
It is a very nice gesture and they should continue to do that if you get bumped back to Y after upgraded, it is a bit embarrassing walking back you know
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
United provides standard compensation based on distance if they have to move you to coach from First, even if it was a free upgrade. You usually haven to ask the agent for it but it is policy and the amount is set. Perhaps this is another example of the big legacies aligning their policies further.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:10 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdix
Similar experience SJC-LAX. Upgraded then sent back because of broken seat. Took the $100. Wonder if it was the same aircraft?
Was it seat 4A?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
I applaud the move. I'm not a shareholder, but I'd approve even if I were. Treating a DM to a $100 voucher is a very inexpensive way to build actual loyalty (not the lip service loyalty we hear with program "enhancement" announcements).
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:56 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Sousaphil
I applaud the move. I'm not a shareholder, but I'd approve even if I were. Treating a DM to a $100 voucher is a very inexpensive way to build actual loyalty (not the lip service loyalty we hear with program "enhancement" announcements).
I could see certain stockholders that post here thinking that $25 would be more than sufficient when the UG wasn't paid for nor guaranteed - - or maybe even a free paid beverage or snack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.