Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How fast does DL deduct miles for award booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: EXP

I booked an award ticket and received the ticket number two days ago. But miles are still not deducted from my account. Is that normal?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
They have always disappeared immediately for me.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:36 am

Immediately

Originally Posted by thaijplily
I booked an award ticket and received the ticket number two days ago. But miles are still not deducted from my account. Is that normal?
They are gone when you book.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by FlyingWithers
They are gone when you book.
+ 1
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
When you look up your itinerary does it show an option to View Receipt? I had a trip that I booked, but something happened and wasn't ticketed and didn't show the View Receipt option.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: Delta GM
I've had it take about 3 days for mileage upgrades (which were confirmed at booking over the phone). Not exactly an award ticket but somewhat related.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Did you get a ticket number? (13 digit number starting with 006?) Or just a six character reservation locator?

If just the reservation locator, then your ticket has not actually been paid for and your reservation will soon be voided. If you got a ticket number also and haven't had the miles deducted, sounds like a DL IT glitch because that should have happened immediately.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Platinum
I am curious about mileage upgrades. I called and did a mileage upgrade last week for a flight this fall and our seats were changed immediately but the miles haven't been deducted yet. Does that occur closer to the actual time of travel?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MsAssertive
I am curious about mileage upgrades. I called and did a mileage upgrade last week for a flight this fall and our seats were changed immediately but the miles haven't been deducted yet. Does that occur closer to the actual time of travel?
I had that happen on a MSP-LAX flight. There is an issue with ticket, which does complete the transaction. You will have the seat, no worries there. When you will find out the issue is at Check In. It will generate "No Electrionic Ticket". If you call in and talk to an agent to have it fixed. Just be patient it will take a little time holding as one group handle these issues.

To original post, I just booked two reward tickets last week for family members. It took about 60 minutes for my miles to disappear.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: Now MGM/Hyatt/IHG Gold Previously: DL DM, DL Reserve, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLAT, M Life PLAT, IHG PLAT
INSTANT all the time unless it is not ticketed right which happens and the ticket just Hold. Call and ask and confirm and make sure better, you can email and get a written response after

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.