Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta gets to keep SEA-HND route

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
Didn't DL announce that they would discontinue the service within a day or two of the DOT's final order coming out? I think it's hard to put a conspiracy theory like this on that timing.
But they already submitted a schedule request for winter 15 before the DOT told them to go full time or give it up. So delta was already set for a schedule. Then they gave it up.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 12:35 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by brabb12
But they already submitted a schedule request for winter 15 before the DOT told them to go full time or give it up. So delta was already set for a schedule. Then they gave it up.
Well, yeah, DL was hoping that DOT would relent and let them keep the route authority while only operating the flight seasonally. Or at least was keeping up appearances until the order was final. I don't blame them for not giving up the route authority until it was all said and done that they weren't going to be able to keep it on terms acceptable to them, and I also don't blame DL for not being fully honest that the DOT's terms were so disagreeable that they would pull out instead. Either way, I think the point stands that the timing doesn't appear to be related to the timing of the slot allocation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.