Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-DCA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
LAX-DCA

There used to be a DL-AS coded nonstop flight from LAX-DCA and back. I've run a couple of searches on the DL website for travel at the end of April and there are no results for this route. Does anyone know if DL discontinued the arrangement they had with AS on this route? Is it permanent?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
it was there for several years, gone for awhile, then back ... if I had to guess, if it's not appearing now it's probably kaput
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
AS 5/6 still run. The code share may have been lost to the battles at SEA.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM, Delta SM, United Silver, Amx Plat, Delta Amx Plat, Six-T Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold
I'm not sure if it's still a DL codeshare or not but I can tell you with 100% certainty that AS still offers the flights. I fly it 2-3 X's a year and, in fact, will be on the flights in early May so it's still offered. AS now flies into BWI as well so it's nice to have the choice now, too. Just make sure you give em your SM # and you'll get credit for the flight, I've even had great luck w/ UG's on the route but that may be asking for a bit much these days, given the relationship between the two airlines.....
Old Mar 26, 2015, 7:21 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
AS only codeshares with KE on this route. AA now has 2 flights a day within 30-25 minutes of the AS flight so AA has no need to codeshare. DL is not in the picture at all on this route.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Yes, I know AS runs this route still, but you used to be able (I last did it in October) to book the direct route on delta's website. I guess it doesn't really matter if it still earns MQMs but its just weird
Old Mar 27, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rcbarton
Yes, I know AS runs this route still, but you used to be able (I last did it in October) to book the direct route on delta's website. I guess it doesn't really matter if it still earns MQMs but its just weird
The codeshare didn't die of old age - somebody killed it. It wasn't competing with any DL metal non-stop LAX-DCA/BWI/IAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.