Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why are there no monitors at all the DL gates at DTW?

Why are there no monitors at all the DL gates at DTW?

Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
DTW is becoming a CVG very very slowly then... That rarely happens unless its late at night or on a weekend IME.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
he's talking about the the CR7/9's that park in A all the time.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Starblazer
he's talking about the the CR7/9's that park in A all the time.
So? That's been the case for years. DTW is now seeing some 717 flights to places that haven't had mainline for years. With the 50 seater retirements, DTW is seeing some movement to larger aircraft, not smaller. Seems to me, it is CVG that continues to bear the brunt of cutbacks (with the latest being just a couple weeks ago).
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I just flew DTW-LAS and back. At first, I said, "wow, DTW is a nice airport, I like it". I then realized they only serve pepsi products (I'm a Diet Coke addict) and the food choices in A concourse are poor. At least I got to see 5 744s while I was there.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold
As a long-time Detroit area resident who lived with the dismal old terminals for so long, I really appreciate the good job NW did in designing this terminal. A broad hallway in A (less so in B/C, but still better than what we had before), plenty of seats at the gates, decent food selections (and planned to get better). McNamara isn't fancy, but it gets the job done, and that's all I ask from a terminal.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:53 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Detroit Airport (DTW)

Recommend thread title be updated to "Detroit Metro Airport." The airport's actually in Romulus.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Radiohead71
I just flew DTW-LAS and back. At first, I said, "wow, DTW is a nice airport, I like it". I then realized they only serve pepsi products (I'm a Diet Coke addict) and the food choices in A concourse are poor. At least I got to see 5 744s while I was there.
Food offerings in A will shortly improve (Zingerman's, Plum Market, etc.) Many of the kiosks have been closed for construction. Sorry but I can't help with the soda offerings
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Food offerings in A will shortly improve (Zingerman's, Plum Market, etc.) Many of the kiosks have been closed for construction. Sorry but I can't help with the soda offerings
Really in DTW you'd think they'd offer Faygo or Stewart's.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
I would love it if they had better food selection. B and C is pretty sparse, and there's only (currently) cold food in the high A gates. I'd like Taco Bell back please. (Though Popeye's is a decent alternative.)
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Radiohead71
Back when I drank soda/pop I found the only place to enjoy a Coke at DTW was the SkyClub. Even the Wendy's was Pepsi! I was floored.

As for the rest of the thread, I've noticed slight improvements in B/C ramp performance since DL fired DGS and re-outsourced the ramp service last April.

I'd like to see Sanders Candy sold at DTW, since the salted caramels are now missing from the snack basket.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WIRunner
I would love it if they had better food selection. B and C is pretty sparse, and there's only (currently) cold food in the high A gates. I'd like Taco Bell back please. (Though Popeye's is a decent alternative.)
Horrifying.

Zingerman's is one of the best high-quality delis on earth.

Plum Market has a great variety of fresh produce.

Taco Bell, and Popeye's?

I'd rather not eat.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Well, taco bell is gone, soon to be a Chik-Fil-A. Doesn't that new sports bar/pub in the high-a's do hot food?

Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
As for the rest of the thread, I've noticed slight improvements in B/C ramp performance since DL fired DGS and re-outsourced the ramp service last April.
The improvements come from the downsizing of the 50-seat-fleet and the movement of the larger RJs to A. Hence why C is shuttered from C29-C40. (No Pit ) I'm pretty sure if Simplicity was running the DGS schedule, it would be the same as it was.

Last edited by Starblazer; Mar 29, 2015 at 11:29 pm
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Quote:

Originally Posted by WIRunner

Horrifying.

Taco Bell, and Popeye's?

I'd rather not eat.
What, you don't like the same 5 ingredients, of questionable quality for human consumption, wrapped up together in 20 different ways, given faux Spanish names and served with a giant cup of fluorescent blue stuff, all marketed to stoners and "extreme" sports enthusiasts? Next thing you'll be telling me you don't eat Lucky Charms either.

Last edited by HongKonger; Mar 30, 2015 at 5:21 am
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:55 am

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Horrifying.

Bubba and I agree on something! The apocalypse may be near....
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
What, you don't like the same 5 ingredients, of questionable quality for human consumption, wrapped up together in 20 different ways, given faux Spanish names and served with a giant cup of fluorescent blue stuff, all marketed to stoners and "extreme" sports enthusiasts? Next thing you'll be telling me you don't eat Lucky Charms either.
Taco Bell is going to be testing delivery in select markets. Can you imagine calling and being very vague and asking for the "thing with ground "beef", cheese, lettuce, tomato, in a tortilla". Describes everything on the menu. \

Bubba and I agree on something! The apocalypse may be near....
At least in the airport, I would hope most won't scoff at the price of Zingerman's...their quality is well worth the yield they receive. ((oh..and the asteroid "near-miss" was last Friday....I think we are safe on the apocalyptical front)).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.