Wiki Posts
Search

Delta A320 Fleet FC Seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Delta A320 Fleet FC Seats

Hi, I am flying an A320 in F 2morrow! What are the ship #'s with the Old and New Seats
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The first A320 to get new seats/cabin is still in mods. All the currently flying aircraft still have old seats.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Originally Posted by LBJ
The first A320 to get new seats/cabin is still in mods.
N335NW is still in Mobile AL, but should be back is service in two weeks.
I'll be there Monday to start airflow and smoke detection testing.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Misscom.

Hi! I was wondering like if the Tray Table would be in the Seat-Back or in the Armrest! I think its the difference between A320-211/212/214. I really need help!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
All the 320s I've been on had them in the armrest... and you can't use the tray table if the pax in front reclines since they'll be in your lap.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:13 pm

Can someone explain the difference between old vs. new F seats in these? I'll be flying MSP>JFK in early August in F. When booked the outbound was on a 737-800 but has since changed to an A320. The return will be on an A319.

ETA: Off topic a bit, but in researching my options before booking I was surprised by the number of smaller planes on this route. Lots of 717, some A319/A320...an occasional 737, and a surprising number of RJ for a hub to hub flight. Surprisingly, the options to connect through DTW had a good number of 757 between MSP and DTW. I'm sure one of you Delta know-it-alls would know why that is....just seems odd to me.

Last edited by mnCO; Mar 19, 2015 at 10:19 pm
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
We haven't seen a 320 with the 'new' seats/mods yet. Supposedly its going from 12F back to 16F, however the entire cabin is going slimline which means they'll be packing more sardines in Y as well... so don't expect anything great in terms of legroom or comfort if you get a new one (which is unlikely as there won't be many done by Aug).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rylan
We haven't seen a 320 with the 'new' seats/mods yet. Supposedly its going from 12F back to 16F, however the entire cabin is going slimline which means they'll be packing more sardines in Y as well... so don't expect anything great in terms of legroom or comfort if you get a new one (which is unlikely as there won't be many done by Aug).
Yes, seating will be some form of slimline, but wider (18" vs. 17.2) and not the same as the ones in the 739's according to an anet thread. The cabin mods will apparently use the Zodiac "ISIS" system --

http://www.futuretravelexperience.co...-la-evolucion/
Old Mar 20, 2015, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mnCO
Surprisingly, the options to connect through DTW had a good number of 757 between MSP and DTW. I'm sure one of you Delta know-it-alls would know why that is....just seems odd to me.
Um, it's a DL hub-to-hub route which tend to have quite a bit more capacity for connecting folks (as opposed to mainly O & D).
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Um, it's a DL hub-to-hub route which tend to have quite a bit more capacity for connecting folks (as opposed to mainly O & D).
I figured that was the case, however, not being a big frequent flyer, I thought it seemed odd for one hub to hub route (MSP>DTW) to have bigger planes as opposed to another (MSP>JFK/LGA). Just an observation that made me curious.

Last edited by mnCO; Mar 20, 2015 at 9:38 am
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, seating will be some form of slimline, but wider (18" vs. 17.2) and not the same as the ones in the 739's according to an anet thread. The cabin mods will apparently use the Zodiac "ISIS" system --

http://www.futuretravelexperience.co...-la-evolucion/
They really need to rethink their branding! Same conundrum ISIS (the NFC payment company) had before they switched their name to SoftCard.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by mnCO
They really need to rethink their branding! Same conundrum ISIS (the NFC payment company) had before they switched their name to SoftCard.
They should go for "Tally-Ban" systems
Old Mar 20, 2015, 7:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, HA, DL
Originally Posted by LBJ
The cabin mods will apparently use the Zodiac "ISIS" system --
From what I hear, a re-branding effort is underway.
It is likely that the word "smart" will be part of it.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by tod701
From what I hear, a re-branding effort is underway.
It is likely that the word "smart" will be part of it.
May I suggest "SmartPound" (s in "pound" the seatback in front of you?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Ck, Delta DM, Marriott ambassador , Hertz President, National EE, Hilton Diamond ,
Flying in October

Hello I'm flying October 8th LGA TO MCO on an A320. I was wondering what the odds of the refurbished A320 are

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.