Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

May I present the worst Delta FC meal of all time...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

May I present the worst Delta FC meal of all time...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by Randeman
Hmmm...

A few years ago when airlines offered complimentary meals, people hated them. Comedians did jokes about them. People complained.

The airlines stopped serving complimentary meals (except under narrow perimeters), people complained.

People within those narrow perimeters get a complimentary meal that they don't like, and complain.

I just think people like to complain.
True. Some people even like to complain about people who complain.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Hmmm...

A few years ago when airlines offered complimentary meals, people hated them. Comedians did jokes about them. People complained.

The airlines stopped serving complimentary meals (except under narrow perimeters), people complained.

People within those narrow perimeters get a complimentary meal that they don't like, and complain.

I don't really think that you have a valid point. It is not unreasonable that people want food that is fresh, healthy and tastes reasonably good and that meets their dietary needs.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Hmmm...

The difference is that the FC meal is advertised as part of the "FC experience."

As long as the airline is allowed to boast about its superior meals, then folks have a right to offer counter opinions when the meal is not superior.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:10 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Originally Posted by droidcore
The dreaded "Onion Sammich" as my wife and I call it.

...and this is the second time we've got it (last time was ATL-HNL circa 2008). LGA-ATL/DL1332 dinner service: tonight's VGML (Vegetarian Non-Dairy) was none other than a cold grilled onion sandwich—no sauce, with nearly raw zucchini/squash.

Who in their right mind would think this something ANYONE would crave? That's like 3 huge slices of cold onion, too. Our lead FA took it upon himself to toss the sammies in the oven after we poked at it for a minute, but we just couldn't do it...

GROSS. Another Woodford, please.
The wonders more lettuce, some fresh tomato, avocado slices and perhaps a sauce (insert dijon/mustard/etc) could do to this poor sandwich.

Or hell. Could have made a really nice veggie salad, put the bread on the side and oil and vinegar dressing.

its missing a protein which bugs me, and there are many vegetarian proteins out there...
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Amex, AA, BA, Delta, True Blue, Hyatt, Fairmont, Marriott, HH, IHG
Cool Wow!

The post header caught my attention so I looked.

I know this is a serious thread with a very legitimate complaint.

But, I just have to say that's the funniest picture I've seen in a long time.

Thank you!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, All on my own dime.
Originally Posted by Esltroy
True. Some people even like to complain about people who complain.
^
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
The wonders more lettuce, some fresh tomato, avocado slices and perhaps a sauce (insert dijon/mustard/etc) could do to this poor sandwich.

Or hell. Could have made a really nice veggie salad, put the bread on the side and oil and vinegar dressing.

its missing a protein which bugs me, and there are many vegetarian proteins out there...
Some of the non-vegetarian meals need more protein too. Seems the meal planners are are not considering protein a nutritional requirement.

Regarding the ketchup comment, I carry a few packets of ketchup and mayo for just such occasions. On occasion I come across a tiny bottle of hot sauce and I put that in my travel bag too.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
it just needs a bit of ketchup.

Did the OP buy a F ticket or was he the recipient of a comp upgrade?
What's the relevance of this question?

Oooooh, I know: none.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 10:44 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by HongKonger
What's the relevance of this question?

Oooooh, I know: none.
+1
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:32 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
I'm not strict veggie, but try to reduce meat intake. I've found the veggie dairy options to be much better tasting than the veggie non dairy. There's a lot more they can do with sauces and melted cheese.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by droidcore
Paid and requested in advance...not like that matters. Ketchup, huh? We obviously have different food standards.
If you have any food standards, you shouldn't have expected anything edible to be served on ANY flight, and be pleasantly surprised IF it is.

Hilarious picture though ^
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I'm not strict veggie, but try to reduce meat intake. I've found the veggie dairy options to be much better tasting than the veggie non dairy. There's a lot more they can do with sauces and melted cheese.
There's even more they can do with meat.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Originally Posted by Air Houston
Regarding the ketchup comment, I carry a few packets of ketchup and mayo for just such occasions. On occasion I come across a tiny bottle of hot sauce and I put that in my travel bag too.
Do you carry these in your quart bag? I recently had my carry-on disassembled at security because a forgotten condiment package was tucked away in one of the pockets.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:34 am

Delta First Class Special Meal Help

I am not a vegetarian or vegan but I cannot eat any dairy or wheat. Will be flying Delta First Class from FLL to SFO and dinner is offered. Any suggestions about a special meal? Any type of cheese or cream sauce on an entree will ruin everything for me.
Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.