Search

JFK to LAX/SFO/SEA Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:55 pm
VOS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold

I am sure this topic has been discussed plenty so apologies for asking again. But what is the policy for DM and PM for upgrades from JFK to LAX/SFO/SEA since the new rules came into affect? And at what point can you ask to be put on the upgrade list? I just called and got confusing answers. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

DM only JFK-LAX/SFO and everyone for JFK-SEA
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
T-24 for DM on JFK-LAX/SFO
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:45 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I thought it was T-6?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
I thought it was T-6?
It's been T-24 since 1/23 - or at least it should be as an agent read me the rules. I've called at T-24 (or T-23ish) at least 6 times since to get on the list and it's been taken care of in under 2 minutes.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:07 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ab_initio
It's been T-24 since 1/23 - or at least it should be as an agent read me the rules. I've called at T-24 (or T-23ish) at least 6 times since to get on the list and it's been taken care of in under 2 minutes.
Read you the rules??? I thought it was a super secret, totally hush-hush unpublished benefit?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by davetravels
Read you the rules??? I thought it was a super secret, totally hush-hush unpublished benefit?
Unpublished, yes - but there are CSR guidelines that advise the agent of things like DM only, allowed window, etc.

Not so super-secret IME - misunderstood by both GAs and pax due to the lack of clarity, certainly.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ab_initio
Unpublished, yes - but there are CSR guidelines that advise the agent of things like DM only, allowed window, etc.

Not so super-secret IME - misunderstood by both GAs and pax due to the lack of clarity, certainly.
I don't see the point of unpublished benefits. If the benefits rare supposed to incentivize people to purchase tickets on DL, how can this happen if the person doesn't know about the benefit or, if they have heard rumors or have experienced it, feel that one cannot count on the benefit being delivered?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't see the point of unpublished benefits. If the benefits rare supposed to incentivize people to purchase tickets on DL, how can this happen if the person doesn't know about the benefit or, if they have heard rumors or have experienced it, feel that one cannot count on the benefit being delivered?
Because then they can take it away or not enforce it when convenient
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:02 am
VOS
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by suvayanr
DM only JFK-LAX/SFO and everyone for JFK-SEA
So what happens if there are seats available after DM are cleared? They stay empty or are given to PM?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by VOS
So what happens if there are seats available after DM are cleared? They stay empty or are given to PM?
Empty or given to NonRevs (what happened on my latest flight). I am assuming NonRevs as a number of people weren't asked their meal choice until after everybody else was. There were 9 seats open and 4 DM's on the list.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
One would hope that any empty seats would be given to anyone on the SDS list who has a FC ticket (purchased G A P or F, SWU/GUC upgrade, or upgrade with miles).
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Why would someone be on standby if they have a confirmed premium cabin fare? SDC rules don't require fare bucket availability so they can move into an available seat at anytime within the SDC window. So if there is an open seat they would not be on SDS.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Another point to remember, if you are continuing on to an international flight, they can't put you on the upgrade list until they check your passport. Why? I have no idea, it is Delta IT.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Is it DM only ? I thought it was DM and PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.