Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FCM FTW!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:44 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Well even if you take my UG I will get to my destination at the same time and with $100 more in my pocket.
Well, not really, if they're in F and you're in Y.

I do agree with you about the $100+ tho. I'm not one to shell out ANY bux for a ride up front. I'd rather have the cash to spend, and I alwayz have a great Y seat.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by davetravels

I do agree with you about the $100+ tho. I'm not one to shell out ANY bux for a ride up front. I'd rather have the cash to spend, and I alwayz have a great Y seat.
That's your choice of course and many don't have the choice of a good Y seat. I simply meant to demonstrate, how in the OP's case, from a cost proposition, FCM is a good, even an outstanding choice.

Personally, I sometimes shell out for EC, although compared to FCM I think that EC is a poor value. It depends on the FCM price point. I didn't even mention pre-boarding with F which is a nice benny too.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Soooooooooooooooo many drinkerz in this forum.

Would that include you?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: DL exDM MM
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Maybe a bait and switch approach? Give them First for very cheap, so that the customer will come back and book more tickets in the hope of snagging more cheap FCM. Invest a little to create future revenue.
Not technically Bait and Switch which is when a vendor advertises an apparent bargain with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive product or service.

Not sure what the marketing strategy is called when you get the customer addicted to a product by offering it at a low cost and then, once hooked, you raise the price for future purchases. This is what I have experienced. In 2014 I purchased many UGs for similar prices. In 2015 the prices are at lease double.

Now going through FCM withdrawal...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
....have a great Y seat.
Now THERE'S a stretch of the imagination!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by captiveguru

Not sure what the marketing strategy is called when you get the customer addicted to a product by offering it at a low cost and then, once hooked, you raise the price for future purchases. This is what I have experienced. In 2014 I purchased many UGs for similar prices. In 2015 the prices are at lease double.

With apologies to Steppenwolf.

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, I say The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With the love grass in his hand
Oh but the pusher is a monster
Good God, he's not a natural man
The dealer for a nickel
Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

Well, now if I were the president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Pusher
Gad damn The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14

Not sure what the marketing strategy is called when you get the customer addicted to a product by offering it at a low cost and then, once hooked, you raise the price for future purchases. ..
Chasing the dragon?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Not technically Bait and Switch which is when a vendor advertises an apparent bargain with the intention of substituting inferior or more expensive product or service.

My observation is that there is quite some variability in FCM pricing.

I can also say that every year for the last 3 or so Delta has routinely offered some outstanding FCM pricing MSP<-> FLL, MCO at spring break. I'm not sure why this is, but it happens like clockwork., and then relatively quickly gets snapped up.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM
Congratulations you just paid 107 dollars for 30 dollars worth of service and product. You must be proud.
Well....good to know how you feel. When you don't get upgraded (for free), you really don't value the product. Good learning point for DL lurkers here (and there are MANY!)
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post

I do agree with you about the $100+ tho. I'm not one to shell out ANY bux for a ride up front. I'd rather have the cash to spend, and I alwayz have a great Y seat

Delta has done the RIGHT thing by selling F class upgrades. If a "medallion" would never buy one, they should NEVER be given for free.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Who p!ssed in your cheerios? The guy is happy with the deal he scored, if you don't have anything nice to say.....
...you should post it on Flyertalk...
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Congratulations you just paid 107 dollars for 30 dollars worth of service and product. You must be proud.
Sour grapes, much? Jeeez, you can keep your negative attacks to yourself.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by will2288
YMMV. For me, $107 to avoid 7 hours in a Y seat is money well spent.
100% right. Exactly. Totally worth it.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Habituation is a term that's been used.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:43 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Would that include you?
Absolutely not. I don't want to be tipsy at my destination. The only time I drink on a plane is TATL/TPAC, I'll have 2 or 3 glasses of wine at the beginning to put me to sleep. <ok, maybe 4 >

It simply amazes me how many people here seem to make Woodford, and the lack of quality beverages at the SkyClubs, such a big deal. That was why I referenced the drinkerz in my post. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that someone will calculate the maximum price for drinks in Y, and figure that into the value of an F upgrade, whether someone drinks or not.

That said, I'm truly noticing more business types that I sit next to, drinking a fair amount to the point of being obviously tipsy and even slightly slurring their words, and then telling me they're driving home or to their hotel. But that, I believe, is for another thread.

Last edited by davetravels; Feb 27, 2015 at 11:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.