Wiki Posts
Search

FCM FTW!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:25 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Who p!ssed in your cheerios? The guy is happy with the deal he scored, if you don't have anything nice to say.....
Haha!

You have to realize that some people are so unhappy with their miserable life that they will always try to bring other people down who are happier then them.
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Maybe a bait and switch approach? Give them First for very cheap, so that the customer will come back and book more tickets in the hope of snagging more cheap FCM. Invest a little to create future revenue.
As opposed to investing to keep higher tier elites happy and coming back much more often?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Just scored a $107 (All in per passenger round trip) post-purchase upgrade to First Class, on a V fare!! MSP to FLL round trip.
When I looked at your post, I thought that you got upgraded out of Fort Wayne, then I remembered that Fort Wayne was FWA. What does FTW mean?
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ND76
When I looked at your post, I thought that you got upgraded out of Fort Wayne, then I remembered that Fort Wayne was FWA. What does FTW mean?
For the win
Old Feb 26, 2015, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For The Win.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Congratulations you just paid 107 dollars for 30 dollars worth of service and product. You must be proud.
Maybe this is a sarcastic post? But, if not, I'm just wondering how you calculate $30 worth of product?

Two drinks on the outbound, two more on the return is about $28 alone.

Good score OP!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:22 am

Just scored a $107 (All in per passenger round trip) post-purchase upgrade to First Class, on a V fare!! MSP to FLL round trip.
So what was the total ticket price including the V-fare?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:40 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Dullta does this every year out of MSP to Florida at Spring Break. Not sure why, but I've seen the favorable FCM every year to both FLL and MCO, for the last several years.

Congrats. - the FCM fares don't last long and are pretty quickly snapped up.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:51 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Congratulations you just paid 107 dollars for 30 dollars worth of service and product. You must be proud.
A deeply flawed, bitter, and elite-clouded comment.

Free luggage each way $50 X2 = $100
(2) mixed drinks each way $16X2 = $32
Included snacks versus purchase X2 = $18.00
Larger seat, EC cost as reference X2 = $90.00

Total= $240.0

Congratulations, OP, on your astute purchase.

Lest we forget - clipping a Diamond's wings = priceless
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: DL Medialia Platina
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
For the win
Based on the catchphrase said on Hollywood Squares:

"I want (name) for the win"

or

"I want (name) for the block"

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=FTW
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:59 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Soooooooooooooooo many drinkerz in this forum.

Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by hazelrah
A deeply flawed, bitter, and elite-clouded comment.

Free luggage each way $50 X2 = $100
(2) mixed drinks each way $16X2 = $32
Included snacks versus purchase X2 = $18.00
Larger seat, EC cost as reference X2 = $90.00

Total= $240.0

Congratulations, OP, on your astute purchase.

Lest we forget - clipping a Diamond's wings = priceless
As I had stated, as a kettle I can see why it would be attractive, but you are confusing cost with actual value.

I could care less who is in F, I just don't understand this FCM fever where people outlay one-two hundred dollars for an inferior product and feel like they won the lottery.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:10 am

As I had stated, as a kettle I can see why it would be attractive, but you are confusing cost with actual value.

I could care less who is in F, I just don't understand this FCM fever where people outlay one-two hundred dollars for an inferior product and feel like they won the lottery.
Costs are objective, but value is subjective.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:20 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by will2288
YMMV. For me, $107 to avoid 7 hours in a Y seat is money well spent.
And add'l MQMs
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by hazelrah
Costs are objective, but value is subjective.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.
Well even if you take my UG I will get to my destination at the same time and with $100 more in my pocket, and will enjoy that flight later this year in Intl BE on a V fare using my GUCs, but yes this time you are the "winner".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.