Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What happened to DELTA at NRT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by motytrah
Is DL just going to drop stations like GUM?
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I asked what you thought essesential out of NRT. IMHO, Delta could drop GUM, SPN and ROR in a heartbeat.
I hope not. The only other real choice is UA.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by WildUtah
Nobody wants to go to NRT or even through NRT. And nobody ever has.
I always enjoyed it. Not anymore though
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by WildUtah
Nobody wants to go to NRT or even through NRT. And nobody ever has.
While I agree with your comments wrt O&D traffic, for connecting traffic it really doesn't matter where the airport is. I'm in DTW right now waiting on a connection, but I could be in MSP or somewhere near the North Pole. Indeed, lower landing fees at NRT could make it more attractive for connecting traffic than HND.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, I never heard of such problems on the DTW-HKG route, although DL has apparently had problems making this flight successful = profitable.
DTW-HKG was never operated by the 330s. It was solely operated on the 777/77L. That would be the difference. The other day we had to watch the parade of non-revs coming off the aircraft and one or two cans of bags to be off loaded due to weight and balance. All thanks to the A330. If it was the 777 it would be no problem. I just really wish DL went with the picking up of a few more 777s and not airbus.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Quote:

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

However, I never heard of such problems on the DTW-HKG route, although DL has apparently had problems making this flight successful = profitable.

DTW-HKG was never operated by the 330s. It was solely operated on the 777/77L. That would be the difference. The other day we had to watch the parade of non-revs coming off the aircraft and one or two cans of bags to be off loaded due to weight and balance. All thanks to the A330. If it was the 777 it would be no problem. I just really wish DL went with the picking up of a few more 777s and not airbus.
Does this mean that SEA-HKG cannot operate full? Boy is that dumb.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Wow, seems to me that NRT isn't even a real hub for DL anymore. Only Asian destinations are PVG, TPE, MNL, SIN, SPN, GUM, and ROR. How sad... Looks like to me that DL is relying heavily on partners...
Old May 26, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: DL DM MM
I still have to fly through NRT and notice fewer flight delays because of the reduction of overall flights. Previously, it was not uncommon for the plane to wait 30-45 min after leaving the gate before it takes off (long line of planes) or be held at the gate as it waits for passengers from delayed inbound flights. Despite the downsides (Lounge closing), I find things run more smoothly now.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Originally Posted by LonghaulCommuter
I still have to fly through NRT and notice fewer flight delays because of the reduction of overall flights. Previously, it was not uncommon for the plane to wait 30-45 min after leaving the gate before it takes off (long line of planes) or be held at the gate as it waits for passengers from delayed inbound flights. Despite the downsides (Lounge closing), I find things run more smoothly now.
I actually think DL pushed the intra-asia time around to make it a shorter layover on paper. In reality the timing was more inline with PMNW. Most intra planes are parked overnight with plenty of turnaround time anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.