Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Link to automated claim form: https://www.delta.com/bags/bagsClaimAutomation.action

Post away DL crediting 2500 miles.
Please list the date, arrival time, and airport and when your bags made it.
  • Sample: 2/23/15 MDT 3:15 PM 28 minutes
Print Wikipost

DL extends offer to give 2,500 SM if bags are not delivered within 20 min. to baggage

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If this is true, I'm going to start checking my bags more often. I will say though, I've had good experiences getting my bags quickly when I do check them on DL, especially at RDU.

If this gives people more reason to not take too many or too big carry-ons onto the plane, I'm all for it.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Given the speed at MCO, I could requalify for DM in no time, based on the bonus alone. I rarely check bags, but this would incentivise me
I was going to post the same. I always am checking bags so I know its a problem, even one of the last flights of the day when the airport is virtually closed. At least our bags (sky priority) do seem to come out early this past year.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Gold, SPG
Oh please make this a permanent thing. Or at least for priority bags. SEA is terrible. If only they could load the priority bags onto one truck and send that from S ahead of the rest of the bags...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:15 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
this is just a marketing ploy and a way to leaving the competition with Alaska Airlines. unfortunately I think Delta Airlines will fall far short of their standards. Alaska Airlines rarely pays out plus Alaska Airlines heavily advertises this as this benefit. I doubt Delta will do nearly the marketing for a short term promotion.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Some credit to Delta, either if they actually meet the 20 minute guarantee most of the time (which sure isn't my experience with them to date -- even when my priority-tagged bags are first off it's rarely within 20 minutes of the brake being set, and I do check as a comparison to AS) or for ponying up the pesos if they don't.

But still a pretty weak reaction to a guarantee that AS has had for years (and never had to pay out to me). Alaska introduced their guarantee when they introduced the $20 bag fee: if they didn't deliver in 20 minutes, $20 voucher/2000 miles. Then when they increased the bag fee to $25, they upped the voucher to $25/2500 miles (irrespective of whether you actually had to pay the bag fee). So if Delta were actually matching Alaska, they'd have a $35/3500 peso guarantee for the second bag. And given the SkyPeso-AS mile exchange rate, you probably still come out ahead with AS.

The lack of the guarantee for Connection is also weak (especially in stations where the same ground staff handles both Connection and mainline flights).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Oh man. As a Seattle-based elite, I'm gonna check me enough bags to earn a free trip to Asia - at SkyMiles 2015 prices, no less!

There's no way the SEA ground crew will ever meet this commitment, in my experience. Somehow, Alaska manages to deliver reliably and quickly even for N satellite arrivals, but Delta never seems to be able to here...
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by BenA
There's no way the SEA ground crew will ever meet this commitment, in my experience. Somehow, Alaska manages to deliver reliably and quickly even for N satellite arrivals, but Delta never seems to be able to here...
I hear DL has internal bag tracking accurate to the second, so they've probably figured they can make 20 minutes to a sufficient extent.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by CMK10
... I've had good experiences getting my bags quickly when I do check them on DL, especially at RDU.
Glad for you... not me, two weeks ago mine was the last bag off ATL-RDU. That evening, there were three simultaneous unloadings, ATL-RDU, BOS-RDU, and LGA-RDU. They started with ATL-RDU, stopped, then unloaded the BOS and then the LGA, there was a gap again as they returned to the ATL-RDU and all of the Priority tagged bags were the last group off. It was odd that the evening baggage agent was standing there watching and not firmly planted behind his desk as he usually is. I asked him if RDU will ever get the baggage handling under control and I then gave him my priority tag for him to use as a training aid.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Will not affect me - it is extremely rare that I check a bag.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:58 am

I wish they'd had this for my last Delta flights when my wife and kid and I all checked bags. Total wait time for 3 bags on the outbound- 26 hours, total wait time for bags coming back, 1.5 hours. Our family would have had 15,000 miles between the three of us after just one trip!
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I wish they'd had this for my last Delta flights when my wife and kid and I all checked bags. Total wait time for 3 bags on the outbound- 26 hours, total wait time for bags coming back, 1.5 hours. Our family would have had 15,000 miles between the three of us after just one trip!
Probably only 7500 pesos. Fine print: "lost, mishandled, and damaged bags are excluded". The 26 hour delay probably counts as a lost or mishandled bag, so haha, no claim for you, says Delta!

(To be fair, Alaska has a similar exclusion.)

Also, "Offer only valid on paid tickets for published fares". Does that mean no claiming the offer on a Delta reward ticket?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 1:24 pm

Hmm, my last flight came in late evening in DTW. I ended up going and picking up the rental car and coming back to the terminal only to find that bags *still* hadn't started coming out. Somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour before they finally did start coming up. (Thankfully, the priority bags actually did start coming out first, so it didn't take long once they started appearing for us). I figured all the crews had left for the evening or something, even though it wasn't really *that* late (10:15 or so?).
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
It was odd that the evening baggage agent was standing there watching and not firmly planted behind his desk as he usually is. I asked him if RDU will ever get the baggage handling under control and I then gave him my priority tag for him to use as a training aid.
I wonder if this is the same guy whom I once asked, very low key, "What color is this?" When he told me the tag was yellow, I thanked him for confirming that I still knew my colors. He was sheepish and embarrassed, saying he would talk to the crew. It was the second time in two trips mine was among the last few bags on the carousel. Since then, though, when I'm there, yellow tags do come out first. Sorry to hear that's not always the case.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Email from DL just arrived confirming this.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:24 pm

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
A bag delivery commitment, backed by miles.
DELTA
Hello

BAG TO CLAIM
GET YOUR BAGS IN 20 MINUTES — GUARANTEED.
Wherever your destination, the baggage carousel probably isn't on your sightseeing list. So breeze through baggage claim guaranteed — or bag a bonus.

Now through March 31st, if your checked bag doesn't arrive at the carousel in 20 minutes or less, you'll receive 2,500 bonus miles. We are committed to outstanding customer service, and we're holding ourselves accountable — down to the last bag.
SEE OUR GUARANTEE >

BOOK A FLIGHT
RESERVE A CAR + HOTEL
CHECK IN FOR YOUR FLIGHT
EARN MILES

STAY CONNECTED WITH US
UPDATE EMAIL PREFERENCES | UNSUBSCRIBE | PRIVACY POLICY
Terms & Conditions
Eligibility: 20-minute Bag-to-Claim Guarantee bonus-mile offer valid on travel between February 19, 2015 through March 31, 2015. Offer valid on all domestic flights within the U.S. 50 and Puerto Rico, marketed and operated by Delta Air Lines and Delta Connection® carriers. Itineraries that include codeshare flights are eligible as long as the final leg is marketed and operated by Delta Air Lines or a Delta Connection carrier. Customers must be a SkyMiles member in good standing at the time of travel and award of bonus miles to be eligible and must submit a request form with Delta upon completion of travel. Requests must be submitted via delta.com/bagsontime within three days of flight's arrival. All claims must be submitted by April 3, 2015. Limit one request per passenger per outbound or return travel regardless of number of checked bags; requests for multiple trips must be submitted separately. Time to baggage claim will be as measured by Delta's baggage tracking system, where available; lost, mishandled, and damaged bags are excluded. Oversize and overweight baggage and special items are not eligible.

Offer: Earn a one-time, 2,500-mile bonus per baggage delay occurrence. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® qualification or Million Miler™ status.

Promotional Fulfillment: Bonus miles will appear on member's SkyMiles statement. Allow up to two weeks after registration for credit to appear.

Miscellaneous: Offer only valid on paid tickets for published fares; not valid for those traveling on employee pass privileges or employees of other airlines traveling on industry discounted tickets. Delta Air Lines reserves the right to suspend this baggage service guarantee at any time and without prior notice in the event of an airport baggage system malfunction, severe weather, or other conditions out of Delta's control that would prevent timely baggage delivery. Delta reserves the right to deny fraudulent, suspicious or ineligible claims. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice.
Comment or Complaint?
© 2015 Delta Air Lines, Inc. All rights reserved.
Delta Blvd. P.O. Box 20706 • Atlanta, GA 30320-6001

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.